Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
One Doomed Bunny

A fully working motorbike?

Question

So, what I want to make is a drivable motorbike kinda like in Duke Nukem 2013, where you can get on and off the bike at anytime. 

I already saw the one Sgt. Mark IV made and its cool but I dont think you can get off from it.

If anyone has any idea on how to pull this off it would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

-One Doomed Bunny

5 answers to this question

You need to create a weapon class to act as first person view of your Motorbike, and It's Fire state would execute a script to gradually increase the player speed while they move (by checking velocity), then you can write an ACS script to check whether the player is in the Motorbike or not (define a condition, should be simple), If he is, check button press (eg : BT_USE), on pressed, the game would take the Bike weapon from player inventory and spawn a Motorbike weapon pickup near player location so that they can get back to it.

Edited by dmg_64

I'll also advice to open the mod "Master of Puppets". The goal of this mod is "driving" monsters. Just do the same about your motorbike. And yes, you need to create a weapon to imitate the rudder of the bike. But you don't need to create something like "fire" to this due to Master of Puppets script.

4 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

You need to create a weapon class to act as first person view of your Motorbike, and It's Fire state would execute a script to gradually increase the player speed while they move (by checking velocity), then you can write an ACS script to check whether the player is in the Motorbike or not (define a condition, should be simple), If he is, check button press (eg : BT_USE), on pressed, the game would take the Bike weapon from player inventory and spawn a Motorbike weapon pickup near player location so that they can get back to it.

1 hour ago, DeXiaZ said:

I'll also advice to open the mod "Master of Puppets". The goal of this mod is "driving" monsters. Just do the same about your motorbike. And yes, you need to create a weapon to imitate the rudder of the bike. But you don't need to create something like "fire" to this due to Master of Puppets script.

Ok, thanks, much appriciated! 

3 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

I'll also advice to open the mod "Master of Puppets".

So...is this it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mopjmod

If it is I can't get it working for some reason (I get a script error, idk), however the script inside the mod looks preety good. I'm gonna give it a try though I am completely new to scripting so...yeah...

1 hour ago, One Doomed Bunny said:

I'm gonna give it a try though I am completely new to scripting so...yeah...

Well, your task requires some scripting skills, so you had to create scripts in any way.