Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Most ridiculous uniform colour for former humans

..is the red suit of the former human commandos aka heavy weapon dudes imHo.

(Just posting this 'cause I'm bored)

I think red suits the guy well. Besides that's one of the reasons why Doom and Doom II were so cool graphically: how everything was very colorful yet still scary-looking. The Demon and Baron of Hell look very cool despite the fact that they're pink.

Those uniforms remind me of the bosses in Wolfenstein. Big fat people with brightly colored armor and weaponage.

I don't think it's too bad. At least it's a dull, brick colored red and not bright fire engine red. I honestly think the Doomguy's emerald green armor is more ridiculous than the commandos'.

Pink can be the most frightening color if done right. The boh is somewhere close to displaying that, but not all there.

The visions of pink-armoured posessed soldiers wielding wobbly dildos has just invaded my mind with utmost ferocity.

orion said:

Pink can be the most frightening color if done right. The boh is somewhere close to displaying that, but not all there.

Damn right! Pink = fleshy, which can be very scary/cool looking. Just look at that pink snakelike flat (think it's the floor in those high maze areas in Pandemonium)!

Lord FlatHead said:

The Demon and Baron of Hell look very cool despite the fact that they're pink.

Yes I agree with that, but still, They gave me the fear of the color pink...I've had night Terrors about the color Pink ever since I saw them *sob*.....Doom/Doom II make alota colors somewhat scary and more respectable so to speak.

Draconio said:

Does Little Boy Blue (aka Nazi) count as a former human?

No, he's not a FORMER human. The SS guy is a normal human that is not possessed by anybody, with the possible exception of Hitler (:P).

Carnevil said:

Damn right! Pink = fleshy, which can be very scary/cool looking. Just look at that pink snakelike flat (think it's the floor in those high maze areas in Pandemonium)!

Make a sword graphic replacing the fist and insert your pointy shiny into their pink fleshy parts.

I really liked the black and red bloodstained uniforms of the Shotgun and Chaingun soldiers. Had the Former Human worn a similar outfit and not had such absurd hair, I think the consistency between characters would have been a little more tolerable.

Is it ugly for the dead to wear such bright stimulating colours?
A lot of people wear red in multiplayer, it was so overrated that I was forced to change to a camoish brown.

Woolie Wool said:

Make a sword graphic replacing the fist and insert your pointy shiny into their pink fleshy parts.

I'M making a samurai sword for Doom!!! 'cept it replaces the chainsaw and it's for Lizardwar. But back to the topic... I really can't imagine the chaingunner guy to have any other color for his uniform. The red color matches. For Doomguy's color, if only the green was darker... but hey, that's what PLAYER SETUP in zdoom is for, right?

Eh... the two-headed hyper-blaster guy, since his suit is violet with light blue stripes, not to mention that his pants are too tight.

Spike said:

The visions of pink-armoured posessed soldiers wielding wobbly dildos has just invaded my mind with utmost ferocity.

ROFLMAO

The chaingunner's outfit is fine IMO, though if it had to be another colour, I'd make it a mixture of grey and black probably.

Well, since Doom is just a game that it probably wouldn't do that much. The reason why I find it ridiculous is because it doesn't seem very believable and I LIKE a decent level of believability in games.
Black, grey, green (army green preferably), heck, even tan would do to make them more believable.

Lizardcommando said:
I'M making a samurai sword for Doom!!! 'cept it replaces the chainsaw and it's for Lizardwar.

[off topic]Have you released any part of lizard wars yet?[/off topic]

back on topic, I always thought the the chaingunner's uniform was staind from killing his former comrads.

Note that the zombie guys all have uniforms (armors really) of distinctively different colors; the main point being, since DOOM is pretty much low res and a fast moving game, to make it easier to tell them appart. That's probably the reason why most monsters are also of distinctive colors... and why the Arachnotron's plasma is green-yellow as opposed to the player's blue-white. Plus you don't have too many colors to choose from in the 1st place.

Ct_red_pants said:

back on topic, I always thought the the chaingunner's uniform was staind from killing his former comrads.

Yeah me too. Looking at him again after reading this, though, I can see that the red on his suit isn't splattery like on the Sarge's. The red stain around his mouth, on the other hand....

myk said:

Eh... the two-headed hyper-blaster guy, since his suit is violet with light blue stripes, not to mention that his pants are too tight.

????