Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stonedbaroness

How do you use UDMFconvert or Wad2UDMF?

Question

Im looking over ancient forum texts that tell to use a "CMD" Yet what do i actually do? Trying to convert Doom1 maps into UDMF. How d oI use those 2 programs to convert my Hexen format maps now??

10 answers to this question

Create a shortcut of the converter, add required commands into shortcut's parameters. It's the same thing as opening and typing in CMD.exe

Also, you can't convert from vanilla format into UDMF. You need to convert it into Hexen and then into UDMF.

If only GZDB-Bugfix added an option to automatically handle linedef action conversion from the "Edit Map options" menu, converting UDMF to Doom in Hexen format & vice versa works fine but changing to another format messes the linedef actions because of the action numbering differences :/

21 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Create a shortcut of the converter, add required commands into shortcut's parameters. It's the same thing as opening and typing in CMD.exe

Also, you can't convert from vanilla format into UDMF. You need to convert it into Hexen and then into UDMF.

Uhh, slow down man, Ive not gone this far with shortcut parameters, explain it more thoroughly

20 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

If only GZDB-Bugfix added an option to automatically handle linedef action conversion from the "Edit Map options" menu, converting UDMF to Doom in Hexen format & vice versa works fine but changing to another format messes the linedef actions because of the action numbering differences :/

Oh so Hexen format to UDMF easily converts? Okay good, The maps i was converting were in doom format before i changed them into hexen format, so I guess i have the solution here. seemed to work seemlessly.

On 2/12/2018 at 8:58 PM, UAC-Janitor said:

I structured that WAD2UDMF bat command exactly as you said, 

What do you mean by exactly as you said?
Did you enter this

wad2udmf -i zdMyPWAD.wad -o uMyPWAD.wad

into your batch file?

These file names are just placeholders. Use your own names.

1 minute ago, Kappes Buur said:

What do you mean by exactly as you said?
Did you enter this

into your batch file?

These file names are just placeholders. Use your own names.

Ah whoops Ok I didnt go as far as using exact example names, I did put my own name in and such, still I found a solution, but thanks for the help man.

For the benefit of others who might have the same question, what is the solution you found?

9 minutes ago, Empyre said:

For the benefit of others who might have the same question, what is the solution you found?

I think he converted it to Doom in Hexen format then used the Edit Map options from editor to change it to UDMF ?

On 2/13/2018 at 6:01 AM, UAC-Janitor said:

Oh so Hexen format to UDMF easily converts? Okay good, The maps i was converting were in doom format before i changed them into hexen format, so I guess i have the solution here. seemed to work seemlessly.