Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qweqioweuo123

Anyone knows if any of the Dos emulators for Android allow you to shoot while you turn/look up/down?

Just like on Beloko's port Doom Touch which is the only playable port i've seen, but for an Dos emulator, mostly because I want to play Duke, but not being able to turn while I fire makes it unplayable since I can't dodge projectiles while firing.

The idea is to strafe and go forward backward with your left thumb and aim with your right thumb, and have a button that you can press and as you keep pressing you can move your thumb and aim to adjust the crosshair as you shoot

See this mechanic in action here:

This is unreleased thanks to Gearbox's cease and desist on all Android ports. The other Android port for Duke 3D that got released sucks, mostly because of the controls.

So if I could get any of the Dos emulators to have controls like these I could actually play it on my phone and enjoy it.

A DOS emulator is a DOS emulator. It does not change the aspects of games it runs, it emulates a DOS environment for running DOS programs.

The emulator would need to provide a sufficient virtual joystick to do what you need, however there is no one size fits all solution to that problem, and is unlikely to provide what you need without a lot of fiddling around. That is unless you just get an actual joystick/gamepad to connect to your android phone.

That's assuming you even have options, here. I only know of one DOS emulator on Android that could run Build at an acceptable speed, and that'd be DosBox Turbo.

Edited by Edward850

14 hours ago, Edward850 said:

A DOS emulator is a DOS emulator. It does not change the aspects of games it runs, it emulates a DOS environment for running DOS programs.

The emulator would need to provide a sufficient virtual joystick to do what you need, however there is no one size fits all solution to that problem, and is unlikely to provide what you need without a lot of fiddling around. That is unless you just get an actual joystick/gamepad to connect to your android phone.

That's assuming you even have options, here. I only know of one DOS emulator on Android that could run Build at an acceptable speed, and that'd be DosBox Turbo.

Have you tried DosBox Turbo? what options to add display buttons does it have?

Actually there is another one called Magic Dosbox with a bunch of options to add display buttons, performance wise it runs decently smooth on my powerful phone, it's definitely playable, the only thing I need is a button where i can shoot while aiming. That is ALL. It would be the missing link. Im not sure if im clear when I try to explain the function of the button or what, seems that people don't get it.

I already contacted the developer here:

http://magicbox.imejl.sk/forums/topic/looking-for-ideal-duke3d-setup/

I don't want to add a joystick/gamepad, I want to play mostly when im commuting or traveling on public transportation and I dont want ot be carrying a gamepad or joystick. Doom Touch is really playable with touchscreen controls.