Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Have you ever reached the end of a "for 1 hour/for 10 hours" video without fastforwarding?

I've never really watched any "annoying meme song repeated for 10 hours" videos in full (well, i may have gotten through a few consecutive hours of nonstop Nyan Cat and Caramelldansen in my childhood, but that was 10 yrs ago) cuz I still got some semblance of dignity, but I have admittedly watched a full stream of Desert Bus. With quite varied commentary, admittedly, but still, it was 8 hours of Desert Bus.

1 hour ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

I personally have never done it. But there's a guy who's done 10hr videos multiple times and recorded himself doing it. He's also counted to 100k in one sitting.

It takes a special kind of character to do this sort of thing.

Sounds like he's just really bored.

I've listened to a 1 hour video before definitely.  Sometimes I just got a song stuck in my head and fancy listening to it on repeat all day while I'm working.  My work blocks Spotify, so an hour version of that song is pretty handy.

1 hour ago, Master O said:

Sounds like he's just really bored.

Thats not the kind of things i do when im bored.

He just wants attention.

Yes indeed. Only once though.

It was "300 Violin Orchestra" by Jorge Quintero.

Thanks for the thread though, I've started listening to it again.

I've watched that guy who played the entirety of Holy Hell MAP05, which was about 5 and a half hours.

Just to give a little more detail: Memfis is talking about those videos that are like "Darude - Sandstorm for 10 hours", not genuine 1-10 hour videos. Something a minute or less repeated over and over again.

I've had musical ones playing for about 10-15 mins before I realized I'd left them on, but it was just background noise on those occasions. I've watched (listened to) countless videos over an hour long - films, podcasts, etc etc

I've had ambient musical loops play for 10 hours - rain, fire, music, etc.  Sometimes I play them while sleeping too, so I don't know if that counts.

I've listened to a few "for one hour" ambient videos. I usually did this while I was also focusing on something else, like playing a game or chatting, so the loop didn't bother me (I'm not even sure I noticed it was actually looping), otherwise I imagine it would've been a much more tiring experience.

Either way, "for X hours" videos seem to work best with ambient stuff, I don't think I could resist for more than 20mins. if it was something else, the repetition would kill me...

Yes, I finished couple of "for one hour" videos, mostly extended video game soundtracks while I was working on stuff.

If I choose a song repeated over and over (or I just put it in loop, on youtube), then I can surely listen for 1 hour. But 10 hours is too much. Sometimes even the 1 hour of a song is too much.

3 hours ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

If I choose a song repeated over and over (or I just put it in loop, on youtube), then I can surely listen for 1 hour. But 10 hours is too much. Sometimes even the 1 hour of a song is too much.

Not to mention that, depending on what the song actually is, you can easily end up hating it afterwards due to overlistening. It's the reason why I tend to avoid certain songs now, still loving them for how great they are but can't really bring myself to hear them yet again.

24 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Not to mention that, depending on what the song actually is, you can easily end up hating it afterwards due to overlistening. It's the reason why I tend to avoid certain songs now, still loving them for how great they are but can't really bring myself to hear them yet again.

I can relate to this, When I abuse a song too much for a long time, I end up stopping listening to it for months afterwards. There are even some songs that I can't juste tolerate to hear anymore.

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

I accidentally did this with the theme from the first Terminator movie.  It was on in the background while I played WoW.

suuure, "accidentally" :p

I've watched a speedrun or two that was over an hour long before. 

I heard the 1-hour version of the Heaven's Night in-game song from Silent Hill 2 and I'm listening to it now......
it's relaxing for sure...

16 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

[The greatest video ever]

I think I just found my religion.

Edited by Skeletonpatch

18 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

If you can't finish this video in one sitting you are a true plebian

This powerful stuff changed my life! Or at least my mind! A friend of mine printed out a bunch of copies of the pipe strip, I have mine framed on a shelf.

Yes, easily. I frequently watch ASMR videos on Youtube and some of them tends to above the one hour mark. Also podcasts and Q&A's plus lectures.