Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
comander5

Question about Arcade mode.

Sometimes I'll kill two Imps back to back, the exact same way, but one gives me a few hundred while one gives me a few thousand, even when I'm at 32x the entire time, and killing both of them with Berserk on. Is there something I'm missing?

There are shitloads of bonuses in arcade, maybe you're getting one of them? It's hard to tell for me what's going on after only trying it a few times.

1 hour ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

There are shitloads of bonuses in arcade, maybe you're getting one of them? It's hard to tell for me what's going on after only trying it a few times.

That's the thing. I've gotten to the point of being #30 on the final level, so I'm pretty familiar with all the medals. I just can't seem to figure out what's different some of the time. Another example is only getting 5,500 when killing some of the Mancubusses when at 32x.

9 hours ago, Nebula-Kristian said:

I noticed that enemies brought by the Summoner only give a small amount of points. Did you have a battle with a Summoner around at the time?

I suppose that could be it. Just wish they'd have made that part a little more clear.

I was also surprised about it at first but later thought that possibly it was made to prevent getting too high scores from "farming monsters". At the time when Arcade Mode first came out, many people suspected that it was possible but it always seemed to stop spawning monsters after a certain time.

Anyhow, at certain battles on certain maps it's possible to have infinite spawning of smaller monsters i.e. imps at the end of Advanced Research Complex by leaving the Hellknight alive and avoiding it or distracting it while taking down the imps to gather a huge chain of medals. It works on other maps as well, by leaving some bigger monsters alive and the game will keep spawning smaller ones until the bigger ones are dead.

A weird bug related to it happened to me once at the ARC: The Hellknight jumped at me and bounced through the roof, and went outside the map and was unable to get back through what was most likely a speedrunner's skip point, which allows to skip parts of the map in the void. It allowed me to continue keep killing an infinite amount of imps undisturbed until I got tired of it and had to kill myself because the fight wouldn't advance to the next sequence because the HK needed to be killed in order for the script to execute the next part of the fight. :D

Edited by Nebula-Kristian