Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asd1994

How do I make a Doom 1 styled ending for a Doom 2 mod?

You know how the ending to Doom 1 starts with a text screen and goes to a long image that scrolls to the left before displaying "The end" on the screen? I would like to make an ending like that for my Doom 2 mod but I have no idea how to. If anyone could help me figure out how to do it I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

If you're aiming for compatibility with PrBoom-Plus (not counting coelcker's mapinfo/decolite fork) or "lower" (meaning Vanilla, Limit reducing/limit removing/Crispy, Boom, MBF, and/or similar), you're out of luck. You need a mapinfo lump or equivalent.

On 2/14/2018 at 11:01 PM, Danfun64 said:

If you're aiming for compatibility with PrBoom-Plus (not counting coelcker's mapinfo/decolite fork) or "lower" (meaning Vanilla, Limit reducing/limit removing/Crispy, Boom, MBF, and/or similar), you're out of luck. You need a mapinfo lump or equivalent.

I have no idea what PrBoom-Plus is. Is that a source port of some kind? I'm making this for GZDoom or Zandronum.

I did just this for the end of Doomed in Space - You basically use MAPINFO to tell the last map to exit to 'EndGame3' rather than a simple MAP##.

map MAP01 "Your Level's Title Goes Here"
next EndGame3
sky1 SKY1 0
music D_MUSIC