Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

What's the strangest place you've ever played Doom?

For me, in the back of a campervan that was going along a road more suited to a motorbike... so the laptop and mouse kept sliding along the table.  I also perched a laptop up on a rock in the desert with e1m1 on, but I can't find the photo.

In a really, really long queue for a big Helloween concert. Was kinda hard with the constant threat of being trampled by other metalheads whenever the queue moved.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:54 PM, geo said:

At school in CAD class.

CAD class was the best for shit like this because of all of the free time. That takes me back... I installed the original Call of Duty on all of the school computers and teachers were playing against students in LAN matches. The history teacher got reprimanded for it.

... sorry for the tangent!

I once took it with me to hospital on my laptop. I was in there for about two weeks so it helped a lot, as well as The Sims did.

Probably on my laptop in my mothers car since I rarely ever play computer games in a car, but I have also played it in the hallway with the lounges at TAFE.

A few years back I was living out of my car, and when I would crash in the back seat while parked in some parking lot I would sometimes play Doom 1 on Game Boy Advance. Luckily those days are over but it was a mood-lifter at the time.

Edited by Reaper8888

12 minutes ago, Reaper8888 said:

A few years back I was living out of my car, and when I would crash in the back seat while parked in some parking lot I would sometimes play Doom 1 on Game Boy Advance. Luckily those days are over but it was a mood-lifter at the time.

no matter what shitty thing is happening in your life...we can all rely on unmitigated slaughter to raise our spirits.

Neither are exactly weird but at my old office job I snuck some secret Doom in, I also played on an iPad in a camper van in the middle of nowhere.

EDIT: The obvious answer I should have given here is Florida

I uploaded Doom 1 and 2 on the cloud in my college.   :)

And I played at a computer there. Just beat E1. I might continue some time, though I don't think I will play anything that requires medium to hard movement and targeting skills, because the keyboard is awful.

Not that weird, but I installed Brutal Doom in my high school's shitty computer. Not really that hard to install really, only problem was that the teach' hated me a lot, and not due to that. So every time I played it would be an competition of FPS skill, and how fast I can alt-tab out of Zandronum (no OpenGL for GZDoom :D) at random intervals.

3 hours ago, Reaper8888 said:

This sounds intense.

I played Doom in the middle of a portal experiment gone wrong that lead to a monster invasion. Everyone else was screaming "OMG we gotta get outta here!" And I was like "in what? We're in a space base complex and all the escape pods have left with the high up brass. I'm gonna sit here and play Doom on my GameBoy Advance while the rest of you fend off monsters and record audio logs." People asked how I survived it all and the only thing I can think of is the monsters heard all the explosions behind a locked door along with the sounds of gunfire and dying monsters and figured... wtf let's get outta here!

100% true and factual story, not written for entertainment purposes at all.

Edited by geo

Pretty sure it's just at school a few times (a distinction ZDoom shares with Quake 4) and a hotel room once, which hardly qualifies as weird. Some of the other posts here are much more interesting.

18 minutes ago, Phobus said:

Pretty sure it's just at school a few times (a distinction ZDoom shares with Quake 4) and a hotel room once, which hardly qualifies as weird. Some of the other posts here are much more interesting.

Well, weird shit happens in hotel rooms often. So guilty by association maybe? haha

I remember playing it in art class at school years ago, back when I was only there just to participate because I had failed by then.

As for weirdest..? Hmm...PSP on the toilet? Nah... Not too weird if you think about it these days :P

In our mechatronics lab at school, and perhaps at CAD classes. Crazy to see Doom running on school PCs that might as well be literal bricks with lights, ironically worked better and faster than Solidworks 2019 lol.