Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

About DICE's Battlefield Games...

I think that DICE should stop caring about the graphics and focus on adding offline multiplayer with AI bots and a lot of options into their Battlefield games. They should also make the gameplay old-school with no regenerating health like BF2 Modern Combat, but with the single player and multiplayer features of Perfect Dark and Timesplitters. What do you think guys/gals?

12 minutes ago, Arctangent said:

I think you're a wee bit out of touch with the current state of DICE, honestly.

What do you mean?

32 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

What do you mean?

They do everything EA wants them to and almost nothing else. EA makes and cuts the content plans down to things like multiplayer options and how long the game will be supported. Simply put it, DICE is EA's bitch, has been for years and they will go down like Visceral, Maxis and other companies EA murdered with cold, fucking, blood the moment a BF game doesn't do as well as investors wanted.

5 minutes ago, Alter said:

They do everything EA wants them to and almost nothing else. EA makes and cuts the content plans down to things like multiplayer options and how long the game will be supported. Simply put it, DICE is EA's bitch, has been for years and they will go down like Visceral, Maxis and other companies EA murdered with cold, fucking, blood the moment a BF game doesn't do as well as investors wanted.

Really? D:

Battlefront 2 was the first major strike, the future does not bode well for DICE.

I think there was a time when the Battlefield games were good, that's no longer the case as the mainstream transitions to the Live Service.

I have not really enjoyed a Battlefield game since Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3 especially got me out of the series. By that point, it was pretty clear DICE is pretty much just another developer delaying their deaths from EA, after all it feels like none of the game's content is made with what DICE had in mind, only what EA tells them with a gun pointed to their head.

1 hour ago, YukiHerz said:

Battlefront 2 was the first major strike, the future does not bode well for DICE.

I think there was a time when the Battlefield games were good, that's no longer the case as the mainstream transitions to the Live Service.

Live Service? You mean Xbox Live?

39 minutes ago, GuyNamedErick said:

I have not really enjoyed a Battlefield game since Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3 especially got me out of the series. By that point, it was pretty clear DICE is pretty much just another developer delaying their deaths from EA, after all it feels like none of the game's content is made with what DICE had in mind, only what EA tells them with a gun pointed to their head.

What did you not like about Battlefield 3?

I remember when Battlefield 1942 came out and it was a new and fresh take on multiplayer FPS. Now it's just a run-of-the-mill CoD competitor. Also the bots have always sucked in older Battlefield games, I'm not surprised they stopped including them all together.

1 hour ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

What did you not like about Battlefield 3?

Aside of the obviously bad single-player that pretty much summarized most 2011 FPS game stories, the multiplayer is one big mess, with some pretty bad maps to me, especially Operation Metro for how it feels like the opposite of what I think of Battlefield. I don't think of COD-styled small maps where you get shot from every corner, I think of the mix of vehicles and on-foot combat, but of course it just so happens that cramped close-quarter maps are the most popular from the base game. In fact I remember one of the "expansions" being dedicated to small cramped maps, which I obviously wasn't fond of.

I just see Battlefield 3 as your poorly made modern FPS that acts like it's better than it actually is, mainly because EA keeps flaunting on how it will beat Modern Warfare 3 at the time (at least that's what I remembered).

1 hour ago, CARRiON said:

Also the bots have always sucked in older Battlefield games, I'm not surprised they stopped including them all together.

30 minutes ago, GuyNamedErick said:

I don't think of COD-styled small maps where you get shot from every corner,

CoD used to have big maps, you know. CoD 3's multiplayer was completely different from the modern Call of Duties.

22 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Really? D:

Where the hell have you been? This is par for the course with EA for decades now. 

On 17/2/2018 at 4:57 PM, CARRiON said:

Also the bots have always sucked in older Battlefield games, I'm not surprised they stopped including them all together.

They were pretty good in BF2 though. They're very unpredictable and are able to kill you really easily if you don't pay attention.

And even if playing with bots isn't the best thing ever, IMO it's certainly better than the "cinematic" campaigns of most modern military shooters.

The closest thing to having Battlefield with offline multiplayer and AI bots would probably have to be Call of Duty Ghosts.