Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpinax

Custom Monster: The Parasite

Even though I'd messed around with sprites and monsters for a long time, I didn't make my own monster from scratch until 2016, when I made...

The Parasite! A zombified doctor in nurse scrubs with one big spiky hand. She moves slowly, tossing toxic needles or throwing parasites at you which become independent enemies, similar to a pain elementals lost souls.

When she dies she splits in half.

DL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5_hnwGlddaRUzhmVk9wWmFwa0E/view?usp=sharing

walk03F1.png

Hey this is really cool ! The only critique I have is that his voice is a little too normal for a patient with a parasite , and when she dies the blood is a little too bright.
But this is a very good work ! I would love to see a mod someday that includes this and more monsters of this style. :D

15 hours ago, Dude27th said:

Hey this is really cool ! The only critique I have is that his voice is a little too normal for a patient with a parasite , and when she dies the blood is a little too bright.
But this is a very good work ! I would love to see a mod someday that includes this and more monsters of this style. :D

Thanks for giving it the time! haha. Her voice is slightly off ( i had my sister do some lines and some are from sounddogs ) and the blood is actually just something i edited in to cover up where the mesh fractures when she breaks in half. Actually had to use two seperate models for that part, lol. I have one other one from scratch i may post some time.

Same here. It's kinda strange how "high-res" (even though it's still technically low-res) it looks together with the other enemies, but in my opinion, it just feels all the more scarier that way. Same critique as Dude27th, nothing new to point out. Just the off-tone voice and the brightly-coloured blood to fix.

Heck, maybe I can even fix the blood colours myself in the meantime. Seems easy enough.

Anyways, great mod!

I'm glad you like this enemy! I'll have to get around to posting a few other ones i've made some time.

And i should have mentioned it in the main post- but if you feel like using this enemy anywhere you don't need to ask or even credit me. I just ask that you show me what you made so i can play through it   : )