Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oxyde

3 Heures d'Agonie - Bonus time !

We are being treated to a lot of top quality maps in recent weeks. It took me a couple of hours to get through this map using saves, most deaths being in Wilou84's map VII (no surprise there). I like how you can visit the seven map areas off the hub in any order you like.

One thing I couldn't quite work out was that there's a switch near the teleporter back to the hub in each of the seven areas. I'm not sure but I'm assuming the map exit in the hub won't come down until all 7 switches have been hit?

4 hours ago, tmorrow said:

One thing I couldn't quite work out was that there's a switch near the teleporter back to the hub in each of the seven areas. I'm not sure but I'm assuming the map exit in the hub won't come down until all 7 switches have been hit?

That is correct!

Each switch pressed allows the central teleporter to go down further, with the the one in the HUB used to trigger the descent of said teleporter!

Also no surprise on the deaths in Wilou's map, it is as good as it is difficult!

Here's a casual "max" playthrough of WH's section. The map is certainly too long for me to max the whole thing at this time of night, heh, so I just did a demo of that. My favorite fight from a design standpoint is the two-radsuit showdown in the horned area with viles coming in at the end. That one was fun to solve for a strategy* that is both aggressive and 90%+ consistent for me. There are some red herring strategies that are "near-misses" in that regard, which come down to the fact that there are only two radsuits and you still have to kill the cyber at the end if it's left alive -- an ingenious bit of design here is that the closest piece of safe ground is too far away from the cyb for auto-aim, so you can't really use the two radsuits to just clear everything but the cyb. That is probably also the most exciting fight for me too. Second would be the final fight with the cyb, close-quarters and fun.

*Btw most prior sections were played largely in an improvisatory way, without much strategy, as should be obvious. :) 

3habonus_rd_wh.zip

Edited by rdwpa

Improved  uv-max in 34:31

I did in this order this time :

Oxyde --> Datacore ---> Oxyde ---> Jambon --> Wilou ---> Roofi ---> Franck ---> JC