Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Billy Mitchell now permanently banned from Twin Galaxies

All of his Donkey Kong high scores have been completely removed, and he is now permanently disassociated with the organization. This includes the removal of all his high scores for several other games. Steve Wiebe is now officially recognized as the first person to have scored a million points on Donkey Kong. Looks like Twin Galaxies were extremely thorough and fair in their investigation. 

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/1047/billy-mitchells-donkey-kong-and-all-other-records-removed/4

Edited by Ajora

LoL i watched this video a few hours ago.
Basically Billy fucked up and let's see if he can get out of this alive.

1 minute ago, SOSU said:

LoL i watched this video a few hours ago.
Basically Billy fucked up and let's see if he can get out of this alive.

I had no idea until now that he attempted to sue the Cartoon Network over a silly caricature in The Regular Show. That is some weak hot sauce right there.

Just now, Ajora said:

I had no idea until now that he attempted to sue the Cartoon Network over a silly caricature in The Regular Show. That is some weak hot sauce right there.

Sauce...
Yeah he was kind of a bad guy in regular show if i remember well,i think he thought that would be bad publicity,now that we know that he possibly cheated i can see why he sued them

Who even cares about high scores cheaters and speedrun cheaters? Why is this even newsworthy?

9 minutes ago, Impie said:

Who even cares about high scores cheaters and speedrun cheaters? Why is this even newsworthy?

My thoughts exactly. It's just a game, who cares.

"I don't care about this particular story/point of interest, therefore nobody else does."

I remember someone once telling me that nobody cared about the George Washington Bridge lane closure scandal, even though it was at the time of my bringing it up, the single most talked about thing happening in the state of New Jersey. 

Edited by Ajora

I saw the "King of Kong" documentary and an additional Donkey Kong video by Summoning Salt a day before this video was published.

I just couldn't stop laughing at the coincidence.

Anyway, Bill is pretty much screwed and Twin Galaxies really has major problems on their hands.

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

I remember someone once telling me that nobody cared about the George Washington Bridge lane closure scandal, even though it was at the time of my bringing it up, the single most talked about thing happening in the state of New Jersey. 

Something that affects city infrastructure /= video game high scores

Isn't that like asking who cares about speedrunners? It's just a niche interest that a group has. Why do you care that people care?

Why do you care that people say a topic is dumb and irrelevant?

See? Two can play that game! Now you tell me "Why do you care if I ask why you care?", and then I go "Why do YOU care?" and we go back and forth until the teacher on playground duty tells us to go sit by the fence 'til the bell rings.

Just now, Impie said:

Why do you care that people say a topic is dumb and irrelevant?

I honestly don't. Seems like a waste of time. Kind of like going to artists you hate on Youtube just to say they suck in the comments.

On a more related note, I don't follow this sort of thing but I do know who Billy Mitchell is so it will be kind of enjoyable to see his downward spiral.

9 minutes ago, Impie said:

That wasn't my point. I shared another instance of someone telling me that nobody cared about something, even though it was an extreme point of interest throughout all of New Jersey at the time. A lot of these kinds of things are extremely relative. Likewise, King of Kong was and still is a very well liked movie, even to people that don't play video games. 

15 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

I honestly don't.

Then don't fucking reply.

Look, if someone brings up a topic they think is important, and someone else challenges its relevance to anything, a defender's job is to give some kind of persuasive argument for who it affects and why anyone should care. So far nobody has done that, least of all the guy who just says "wtf do u care srsly".

31 minutes ago, Impie said:

See, THAT actually answers my question. Thanks vertigo.

usually when someone says "who even cares about xyz," I don't think the first interpretation of the question is going to be "someone please kindly explain if there is an audience that might care about this issue"

.__.,

Guys if it's video game related then there's a reason to disgust it because we are video game fans :^)

1 hour ago, Impie said:

Then don't fucking reply.

Wow, butt blasted much? It's not like you answered why you thought it would be a good idea to come in here and offer absolutely nothing to the discussion.

So yeah, fuck you too buddy.

Yo this shit is way off topic, rather than giving each other shit let's give Billy Mitchell shit for being a liar/cheater. I feel like this was the final nail in the coffin for TG after the whole Todd Rogers thing. I don't follow highscore based games, is there any alternative to TG or does everyone just use that? I'm guessing certain games have their own sites similar to GoldenEye?

That was amusing. All Impie needed was a straight answer.

As far as cheating scandals go, they seem to be cropping up a lot. Maybe I've been caught in some sort of echo chamber on Youtube but for the past couple of months I've seen a bunch of videos getting posted exposing spliced speedruns and fake high scores.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
2 hours ago, Impie said:

ERROR: division by zero

Looking into this a little more, I just learned there are actually people who not only defend Billy Mitchell, but idolize the guy as if he cured a fatal disease. Even despite everything coming out against him they continue to defend the cheat.

15 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

Ever heard of Google?

ffs, online forums can be such snarky shitfests. I love/hate it.

I'm going to go against my better judgement and press on this.

Would you like to spell out the point that you're trying to make here?