Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Geforce 1030 vs radeon 550 for gzdoom?

Someone said that the video card doesn't get used very much in most maps, should the 1030 be fine for maps like "the given" at 1080p?  I'd prefer it over the radeon (even though the radeon scores 50% more on benchmarks for the same price) as the 1030 has passive cooling.

seems like a lot of money to spend for something that is probably just a marginal upgrade from whatever random Intel chip is on the motherboard. This tier of hardware was traditionally like $40 USD but I guess with the cryptomining boom everything is inflated.

8 minutes ago, Vorpal said:

seems like a lot of money to spend for something that is probably just a marginal upgrade from whatever random Intel chip is on the motherboard. This tier of hardware was traditionally like $40 USD but I guess with the cryptomining boom everything is inflated.

Its pretty crappy right now; video cards are inflated and almost hard to find now. All my local shop's video card section is just completely empty shelves. I'm really glad I bought a 1070 a few months prior.

1 hour ago, Vorpal said:

No onboard graphics at all (motherboard from 2011)

Looking at gpu prices right now makes me cringe, I think I would wait for the crypto bubble to burst or for manufacturing to meet demand.