Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reaper8888

3D Doom Art

It's been a while since I've been active and involved in the 3D art world, several years at least, but here are Doom 3D models I made: the BFG (movie version) and Cherub from Doom 3.

BFG2.jpg

wip_1.jpg

cherub_wire.jpg

Edited by Reaper8888

Guest Unregistered account

These all look insane! Amazing work. Did you use nurbs? Perhaps some harsher lighting would benefit them, as they look quite smooth and soft.

Thanks, I've never been one to use nurbs. These are all sub-d/standard box modeling. The Cherub was modeled with Maya, the rest are 3DS Max. I agree they look pretty smooth, the BFG for example looks more basic and less detailed than I would like it to, although if I remember correctly I really tried to nail all the details from the movie version. I think these were all done before I started getting more into ZBrush (these are old and dated projects, mind you) which is probably why they are smoother and lack fine detail.

On 20/2/2018 at 4:09 AM, Reaper8888 said:

It's been a while since I've been active and involved in the 3D art world, several years at least, but here are Doom 3D models I made: the BFG (movie version) and Cherub from Doom 3.

BFG2.jpg

wip_1.jpg

That model is awesome, I was wondering if could share the .obj file to convert it into a pepakura model and do it in paper. This is a small example of what I'd like to do with the bfg (unfortunately, I haven't seen any .pdo files of a BFG)

On 20/2/2018 at 4:09 AM, Reaper8888 said:

On 2/23/2018 at 7:41 AM, Reaper8888 said:

Thanks, here's a couple more I just dug up:

renderscreen (1).jpg

Are these models (and this one in particular) available for use in projects?  Fully credited of course.