Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

Moonblood X [Looking for playtesters!]

Could you work more on the gameplay this time

Edit: here's a cute picture to balance out the tone of this post.

tumblr_ouvbryJNF61qzfsnio3_1280.jpg

Edited by Grain of Salt

Thanks guys!

Gameplay-wise it won't be very different from the original Moonblood :P, aside for some boom tricks, balance changes and higher monster density (mostly due to larger levels, though)

9 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Great! Your megawad has been fun so far, I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Would you like a custom bar for your mapset? 

As long as it's compatible with prboom -cl 9, sure! :D

I've noticed that posting in the morning is almost never a good idea.

Anyway, cool screenshots except for the tiling being too obvious in some parts:

xxA8Ym3.png

SPY9a5x.png

B1RvQly.png

This kind of stuff can really break the immersion. I'd recommend choosing textures a little more carefully. You don't want very striking patterns to repeat many times like that.

Awesome, Moonblood was one of the best wads I've played in a while. I'm sure this'll be just as good if not better.

Cool! I got a little burned out on tech bases in Moonblood, but liked the nonlinear layouts and appreciated the level of craft and polish. Focusing on natural/ruins themes definitely piques my interest.

A small update: the project is currently 75% done, with 12 out of 13 levels in a good state. The last half of the month will be focused on testing and refining the wad as a whole (adding decorations, difficult levels, intermission screens, etc), so hopefully in april I'll get a version ready for private testing!

About the texturing Memfis mentioned, I though about it and I still don't know how to make it look better while keeping the "same mood". I don't have others similar textures and I have no idea how to edit them to make it look better lol I'll keep things like this for now

Edited by Deadwing

Ok, I finally have a playable version of this! It contains 23 levels (2 with no-gameplay + 2 secrets + 19 standard ones), and my last playtesting session took 9 hours to finish (so I hope people to take 7~15, which is actually longer than the original moonblood).

Still, the release is quite unstable, mainly because it was played only by myself. Also, I don't want to repeat the same mistake I did with the original Moonblood, where it got released with some really weird bugs. So, I'd like to ask for help for playtesting this and sending me videos/fda's/feedback. >.< Just PM me and I'll send the link for the wad.

TBH, I'm not sure about that lol, but, if possible, I'd like to release a more stable public release with some testing, so everyone doesn't get to play an unpolished version. Also, the unstable beta has only UV implemented, but I'll add lower difficulties.

On 5/25/2018 at 4:21 PM, Deadwing said:

Ok, I finally have a playable version of this! It contains 23 levels (2 with no-gameplay + 2 secrets + 19 standard ones), and my last playtesting session took 9 hours to finish (so I hope people to take 7~15, which is actually longer than the original moonblood).

Still, the release is quite unstable, mainly because it was played only by myself. Also, I don't want to repeat the same mistake I did with the original Moonblood, where it got released with some really weird bugs. So, I'd like to ask for help for playtesting this and sending me videos/fda's/feedback. >.< Just PM me and I'll send the link for the wad.

TBH, I'm not sure about that lol, but, if possible, I'd like to release a more stable public release with some testing, so everyone doesn't get to play an unpolished version. Also, the unstable beta has only UV implemented, but I'll add lower difficulties.

Bugs are the bane of existance in the previous versions of Moonblood lol...I remember that. I'd like to play the wad when it's polished, so good luck for the playtesters out there. Maybe I could find even more bugs in the proper release :D

Haha yeah, I'll be expecting bugs even when it's released, but hopefully a lot less than moonblood 1.0 >.<

2 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Haha yeah, I'll be expecting bugs even when it's released, but hopefully a lot less than moonblood 1.0 >.<

agitated revenant screams loudly just by hearing that version 

:D

Arr, I don't know there's a sequel for Moonblood until the thread is bumped. Have to play it in the future. Good luck with everything.

I'd like to give this a spin at testing if blind run videos are acceptable for feedback (perhaps with brief descriptions, but I'd intend most adjustments if any would be derived by watching the videos & seeing how things go for me relative to whatever your targets are). You can send a message if interested.