Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jannak

Gameplay mod where you play as a Vampire?

While I didn't want to necro this thread I've found long ago but I also have similar ideas of a gameplay mod where you actually play as a Vampire or rather the blade/underworld style trenchcoat & katana and sawed off shotguns, drinking blood from a distance LoK style (using the blood sucking sounds from Blood Omen of course) and using your vampiric abilities (like turning into wolf, bats, mist) blood magic and sorcery pretty much not to mention having a Castlevania Dracula style "True Form" you transform into.

While I know that Vampire related mods for Doom are rather lacking and of course the one I've linked to is probably the only known one which is probably isn't what I'm thinking of though since I'm imaging is a mod like DemonSteele where the gameplay is fast paced and you play as a Female Leather Jacket clad Vampire to a Selene Trenchcoat one which these Gothic punk aesthetics are inspired from White Wolf's World of Darkness games like Vampire: the Masquerade and such which I wonder if anyone here is interested making such a mod at all?

Tried to make a better vampire mod after seeing that "You're a vampire" mod using ZDoom's ACS capabilities, but they were rather limited, what I was trying to do is check the light level of the sector the player is currently standing on and apply damage if the sector was too bright, there's an ACS function to return light level but the sector tag must be specified, so I just gave up.

Another Idea I had is to spawn player with only claws and let them tear through enemies, rewarding them more Blood (health) with each successful hit, I still have the file somewhere, It uses the unused Blood beast transformation hands recolored to grey, I might add more to it and release it.

13 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Tried to make a better vampire mod after seeing that "You're a vampire" mod using ZDoom's ACS capabilities, but they were rather limited, what I was trying to do is check the light level of the sector the player is currently standing on and apply damage if the sector was too bright, there's an ACS function to return light level but the sector tag must be specified, so I just gave up.

Another Idea I had is to spawn player with only claws and let them tear through enemies, rewarding them more Blood (health) with each successful hit, I still have the file somewhere, It uses the unused Blood beast transformation hands recolored to grey, I might add more to it and release it.

You dont need to care about the light thing,because the "vampire die cuz of light" thing has only surfaced recently,original depictions only said they slept by day(like a bat),not like they get killed by being exposed to daylight or something :)

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

You dont need to care about the light thing,because the "vampire die cuz of light" thing has only surfaced recently,original depictions only said they slept by day(like a bat),not like they get killed by being exposed to daylight or something :)

Plus Vampires in Pre-20th century works can walk in the sun but they were weakened by it and plus moonlight made them stronger or rather healed them too.

There were no Vampyre Doom mods (except mentioned earlier "Jojo's Dio Doom") because this concept must contain a lot of Fatality/Glory Kill scenes. I mean, beat your enemy to the super-pain state and "kill" him in cutscene where you drinking the blood.

Yeah, yeah, like in Brutal Doom HDoom. To be honest, I'd like to create such mod. But if I'll be "tagged in team".