Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WARDUST

DARKFORCES Wardusted v4

Mod deleted. I'm not sure about credit and permisons.

Regards!

Β 

Edited by WARDUST : update link

1 hour ago, DoodGuy said:

Um, screenshots?

sure! and now you can find a video in the first post :-)

2iqyijr.jpg

Β 

a0urtf.jpg

29zo6zt.jpg

2hrfu40.jpg

Edited by WARDUST : wrong link

14 minutes ago, Ed_Deth said:

looks interesting but not sure how to load

just drag the three pk3 included (or together with another custom doom wad)on gzdoom.exe

2 hours ago, Tormentor667 said:

So this is replacing everything except maps?

yes. Some textures are wip, but yes

tomorow i will update another version with a lightsaber :-)

I LOVE this. But man is it just me or are these enemies a lot harder than normal? They never miss!

Edited by blinky

2 hours ago, blinky said:

I LOVE this. But man is it just me or are these enemies a lot harder than normal? They never miss!

humm... when i first play the old mod, i love it but feel a lot easy. I did a complete rebalance adding new enemys but never change the accuracy of the soldiers. I'm replaying the ultimate doom with my mod and it's a little bit harder, but not so harder. I added more accuracy in Boss enemies like the white officer with dark troopers guard and the Black SpiderProbe. Anyway, they are not zombies but a well trained soldiers :-P

I can't get GzDoom's clusterfuck HUD options in a way that the HUD looks like in your screenshots :(

Β 

I kinda like the mod but after a while it is a bit annoying to constantly get hit by blaster fire. I mean in Doom most monsters fire projectiles that you can avoid but with this mod you usually open a door and get greeted by laz0rs :D

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VGA said:

I can't get GzDoom's clusterfuck HUD options in a way that the HUD looks like in your screenshots :(

Β 

I kinda like the mod but after a while it is a bit annoying to constantly get hit by blaster fire. I mean in Doom most monsters fire projectiles that you can avoid but with this mod you usually open a door and get greeted by laz0rs :D

Yes, it's true. The hud only works well on a 1920x1080, i don't know (yet) how to update this thing, the original came in a 4:3 design (if someone can help with this, i apreciate a lot).

About the blasters... again it's true, but normally you have a lot of healthpacks and armor equilibrating this. The same with the supercharge, needed for some situations fighting against bosses (the difficult reminds me the firsts times with a Baron, when the best way was run for your life searching inmunity etc)

Β 

Anyway, thanks for your comments! i apreciate that! :-)

Edited by WARDUST

Posted (edited)
On 28/2/2018 at 3:12 AM, blinky said:

Β 

4 hours ago, VGA said:

Β 

Β 

Okey Men, i did a version where soldiers miss randomly various shots. Please, can you Tell me what do you think about it before i upload to Moddb? Also i removed custom HUD.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b7eco7b7rlulkx3/DarkForces_WARDUSTedv2.7.pk3

Edited by WARDUST

The level of conversion is scarily impressive; even just playing E1M1, it's like I'm playing Dark Forces. This is a crazy level of implementation detail. My only complaint is that high-resolution assets don't match with low-resolution and I'm not a fan of high-resolution textures in general. I personally feel this would look a lot better (and be a smaller download) if you could make a version with low-resolution textures.

On 19/3/2018 at 11:23 PM, Kroc said:

The level of conversion is scarily impressive; even just playing E1M1, it's like I'm playing Dark Forces. This is a crazy level of implementation detail. My only complaint is that high-resolution assets don't match with low-resolution and I'm not a fan of high-resolution textures in general. I personally feel this would look a lot better (and be a smaller download) if you could make a version with low-resolution textures.

mmm i can't say no, there are parts that i think need to be downsize (icons, sprites) and maybe implement hirestex.pk3 as an optional. Now i'm working on a Vader and ATST, when i finish, i think i will do the thins you commented.

Β 

Thanks for your feedback!

Home Guineu! tu per aquΓ­? :-P

Here v4, with an ATST and Vader:

Β