Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Best of Three

What's the best of these three game series, in your opinion?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best of these three game series, in your opinion?

• Doom Series
    • Heretic Series
    • HeXen Series

Heretic is, well, a bit poo.
Hexen is bloody fun, especially in the different game modes.
Doom is da dogz bollokz

Heretic and Hexen are better engine-wise, perhaps even cooler games, but Doom is so classic and fun that I had to vote for it.

Hexen and Heretic were better games, but not as revolutionary at their time, so doom is the one that's special. Plus its textures and graphics looked soo much realer. Heretic and hexen were just cartoonish and too fake looking.

Doom is the shiznat, and was for its time. Heretic and HeXen succeded on two counts: they used the infamous Doom engine, and they were just mindless fun to play. Fuck the story, or lack thereof. Just violent, bloody, fun, and as we all know, that's what gamers want. Well, this one anyway.

Orion: I do not think that Heretic and HeXen are/were cartoonish-looking. I think the artwork is just as good as, and in parts of both games, even rivals Doom's artwork. Plus, the levels in Heretic and HeXen were pretty big and well-constructed, and this is still true today. Whereas Doom's E1 could be beaten in less than eight minutes with -nomonsters, Heretic's E1 takes a lot more than that, I can tell you. It always takes me about an hour and a half to get through HeXen's first hub.

Although Heretic's weapons and some artifacts were blatant ripoffs of Doom's (Torch=Lite Amp Goggles, Hellstaff = Plasma Rifle, etc. tec.), I still think I like the fantasy atmosphere better than the hellish hi-tech atmosphere of Doom. Same goes for HeXen.

Doom series are awesome!
Haven't played the other two yet... But since I know for sure that Heretic is an RPG FPS game, I don't think I'll like it. Is Hexen also an RPG FPS?

Believe me, lizardcommando, if you neglect to play Heretic, you're missing out on a really fun game. Some of the levels rival Doom in their shooterness. You'd have to play it really to see what I'm talking about here. Same goes for HeXen. And I don't really think that Heretic and HeXen can be considered RPGs because of the inventory system. Other than that, they're both pretty straight forward shooters.

Lizardcommando said:
Doom series are awesome!
Haven't played the other two yet... But since I know for sure that Heretic is an RPG FPS game, I don't think I'll like it. Is Hexen also an RPG FPS?

Heretic is almost be a doom TC... why don't you grab the Shareware episode? not to hard to find.

i played hexen to death when i first stole it from a friend of mine. i voted for doom, i don't have hexen anymore and i'm not really missing it, and i still play doom everyday

Heretic was batter game, but c'mon now, of course i had to vote for doom, it came first