Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C4lCiUM

Extracting Hud

Trying to use Sunlust's hud for use in general. I have Slate open and found the hud file, any way to replace the Normal Doom's with it or use it as a mod? 

If you want to use it as a mod, just make a new, empty wad file (in SLADE, "File -> New -> New Wad Archive") and copy/paste sunlust's hud lumps, STBAR and STARMS, into your empty wad.

Save it and run it when you're playin' Doom and it should replace the hud :D

(be sure to load your hud mod last if the wad you're playing already has a custom hud, or that wad's custom hud will replace the sunlust hud!!)

3 minutes ago, bonnie said:

If you want to use it as a mod, just make a new, empty wad file (in SLADE, "File -> New -> New Wad Archive") and copy/paste sunlust's hud lumps, STBAR and STARMS, into your empty wad.

(be sure to load your hud mod last if the wad you're playing already has a custom hud, or that wad's custom hud will replace the sunlust hud!!)

thanks man, worked :)

20 hours ago, bonnie said:

But one more thing, the hud in zdoom/gzdoom has rock next to it ruining the hud, any way to replace it?

Edited by C4lCiUM

In GZDoom, there are scaling options to let you have the HUD fill that entire section. Experiment with the slider settings to get your desired effect.

20 hours ago, Glaice said:

In GZDoom, there are scaling options to let you have the HUD fill that entire section. Experiment with the slider settings to get your desired effect.

I'd like to have the black bars as shown in any video of sunlust, and GZDoom's scaling looks weird.

@C4lCiUM i added some black to the edges of the hud to fill it out to be widescreen (which i think only works with opengl ports like glboom+ or gzdoom)

but then i noticed that sunlust uses a different color font, so i added that in too

but then i noticed that sunlust also uses a custom palette that tones down the font, making it nicer

i wasn't sure what to do so i just made a wad for each so that you can pick what you want for yourself best friend

sunlust-widehud-only.wad: just the widescreen hud, nothing else

sunlust-widehud-text.wad: widescreen hud + the orange sunlust font, which is brighter than usual without the custom palette

sunlust-widehud-all.wad: widescreen hud + orange font + palette (plus the plasma sound too for funsies), which gives you the mostest correct hud, but also introduces sunlust's palette to any wad you use it with (not recommended for all wads)

bonlust-widehud.zip

love, bonnie