Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HAK3180

I'm Also Looking to Play and Record Your Maps

sorry m8 some hours ago i was about to watch last vid but it was the same as the second to last, i really don't know why, so i thought that you misuploaded, but now it works! sorry to have bothered just wanted to tell you, probably it was just my connection  @HAK3180

Ah, the Internets...

@sincity2100

Doomworld download page

This hellish tech base (techy hell base?) is really nice looking and has a fun layout. It has a couple duds in combat and some of the traps are maybe a little horde-for-the-sake-of-horde, but overall the gameplay here is really fun and the atmosphere really makes it. Ammo situation ended up being perfect: a little bit tight at times, but just enough to make me use what I wouldn’t necessarily have chosen – not enough to make me punch or start cleaning up with the chaingun everything that survived its “quota.”

Bottom line: Really cool ambiance and solid gameplay make this one of the best of the wad

@Doomkid

idgames download page

This one felt off to me. The design seemed more amateur with just discrete space after discrete space. The combat didn’t seem as well thought out as it usually is – grind, somewhat cheap arch-vile insertions, monsters teleporting just behind you. It seems like the challenging moments are not organic like they usually are from Doomkid. Even visually, and even for vanilla, it’s a little plain, with the brown brick dominating.

Bottom line: quality-wise, this just doesn’t seem to belong in this wad.

Hey, if you could give this map a try I'd be thankful! It's a short little romp meant to be the introduction of an episode.

@Steve D

Doomworld download page

It’s a pretty long tech base style map. A few things I did not like include low health and armor plus lots of hitscanners, some of which were in big, fairly open areas. I also got a little bored using the chaingun and shotguns for everything (and just the regular for a while). I thought a plasma gun or rocket launcher with very tight ammo would have been nice, but I did miss 8 secrets… And there were times when the switch action was not all that obvious. But this is a nice looking map with stock textures with a fun, somewhat nonlinear design. There are usually several ways to get from point A to point B. The combat keeps you on your toes, whether it’s the density of humans or the fairly brutal traps.

Bottom line: I like it. There’s lots to do and you can do it at your pace.

@Egg Boy

Doomworld forum topic

The map is nicely constructed geometrically and looks pretty good as well – perhaps a little too much brown is all. I was a little bummed the white didn’t come back much after going inside. Perhaps a window or two would be in order. I thought some of the gameplay sequences were a little odd, but overall this is a solid effort and could very well work nicely as the beginning of a set.

Bottom line: This could be an adequate megawad opener

@Zemini

Doomworld forum topic

This was the first map where I really saw a big benefit to the continuous play. I definitely enjoyed the extra health and the tons of ammo I had carried over were almost necessary. This would be rough from a pistol start. Visually, this map is great, but there are some questionable things, like the overly dull warehouse and the sight lines on some of the different ceiling heights in the mountains. It also has a nice flow. You can see the all-keys door pretty much right away and take some of the paths in different orders. And with continuous play, balancing for not knowing the order the player will take is not as much an issue. Unfortunately, this map had some not so great moments in combat. There was a lot of camping and a lot of being exposed in the huge, open area.

Bottom line: One of the best for design, but the monster placement/selection was not my favorite.

@Deadwing

Doomworld forum topic

Another really cool atmosphere with great, well thought combat. It’s just striking how well the enemies are placed to complement the environment. Again, I appreciated how little true backtracking you needed to do, yet there was definitely exploration.

Bottom line: Same old same old for this wad, and that’s a very good thing

If you are interested I would appreciate very much if you would try my new map (I recommend using GZDoom), here is the post:

Awesome! I have no idea what happened to the arch-ville, though! lol

You almost found the soulsphere secret :P

On 8/7/2018 at 2:53 AM, BrassKnight said:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hyquoqcq7paxsmk/dup03.zip/file\

First map that I have made, so expect these things:

-Misaligned textures

-Bugs

You might want to use mouselook at some parts of the level.

There is a text file inside the zip with some stuff about it. There is also a bug here with the amount of secrets. It's supposed to be two but for some reason its shown as six, I don't know how to fix this so it's impossible to get a 100% secret in this map. By the way, it would be great to give me some huge feedback about this map for maps that I might make in the future, I would appreciate it.

Didn't I already see this level in the archives titled as "UAC Earth Base?"

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/s-u/uac_eb

12 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Didn't I already see this level in the archives titled as "UAC Earth Base?"

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/s-u/uac_eb

This is the original file of UAC Earth Base which is called Wrong Teleporter, the reason behind that is there's a storyline for it that you should just read from the text file on the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hyquoqcq7paxsmk/dup03.zip/file\

The map that contains in the zip file in this link has differences from UAC Earth Base, here's some of them:

Spoiler

Wrong Teleporter:

-Has a blue keycard and blue skull key. (removed in UAC Earth Base because it was unnecessary)

-Starting area has a missing texture.

-First door you see doesn't stay open after opening it.

-Toxic area has a slightly higher ledge (I think that how it's called, sorry if I'm wrong) making projectile enemies unable to hit you from there.

-There are six secrets in this map. (there's only two true secrets, the other four is not)

-The first secret DOORTRAK texture moves along with the door.

-The four doors' stairs have some misaligned textures.

-Text file is different from UAC Earth Base. (storyline is also removed because I think it was kind of ridiculous) 

Ceiling height is slightly higher on the doors leading to the outdoor area.

-There's only one Baron of Hell.

There's probably more that I didn't notice.

@Zolgia108

Doomworld forum topic

This is a rather short map that is almost entirely free of typical Djinn annoyances. Progression is clear and the design is even somewhat interconnected. The fights are mostly fair and somewhat engaging. Even visually, I noticed some level of detail that I don’t really remember seeing before.

Bottom line: You don’t have to go big or go home. This may be the best map of the wad.

@mArt1And00m3r11339

idgames download page

More very specific encounters. I really like the first area where monsters keep coming in. You don’t have the ammo to kill them all, so you have to encourage them to kill each other. The waiting gets a little old, but this is the highlight of the map for me. I also did not mind the first cyberdemon plus baron combo. But a lot of the rest is super tedious.

Bottom line: Some parts are exciting and challenging; other parts are boring and tedious.

49 minutes ago, HAK3180 said:

@mArt1And00m3r11339

idgames download page

More very specific encounters. I really like the first area where monsters keep coming in. You don’t have the ammo to kill them all, so you have to encourage them to kill each other. The waiting gets a little old, but this is the highlight of the map for me. I also did not mind the first cyberdemon plus baron combo. But a lot of the rest is super tedious.

Bottom line: Some parts are exciting and challenging; other parts are boring and tedious.

Thanks for the feedback. All you have left over (based on the levels that you want to do are 7, 9 and 10). I can't wait to see those.

@sincity2100

Doomworld download page

I would have guessed this to be one of the earliest maps made for the wad. It turns out it was a guest mapper. Visually, it’s very orthogonal and has a lot of brown, but it’s mostly on par with sincity2100’s maps. However, the map is a rather boring variety of linear. It is just room after room after room, usually connected by small doors. Some of the areas are awkward to move around in/interact with monsters in. I never found a BFG or plasma gun or rocket launcher, so it was often very grindy. All of the combat was shooting monsters in front of you and a few traps beside/behind you. Nothing about the environment made the combat interesting. The big finale was entirely optional and easily skippable.

Bottom line: I feel bad saying it since it’s not even the main mapper, but this is probably my least favorite map in the wad

@dybbuk

download the .pk3

This map is way too red, including a great many rooms that are red brick on floor, ceiling, and walls. It also has abundant misalignments and some “phantom” damaging floors. Unfortunately, the gameplay does not save it. It’s simplistic – nothing very exciting. The map seemed rather empty; perhaps there’s a lot more to it on Ultra-Violence.

Bottom line: Crude, monotonous design and fairly rudimentary combat

@Doomkid

idgames download page

This map definitely goes in some different visual directions, so you might say it somewhat lacks thematic cohesion, but I thought the transitions were pretty good for the most part. Other than that, the flow and layout are nicely done. I like how there are a number of encounters that make significant use of the environment.

Bottom line: Nothing too fancy for the finale here, but it’s just another good level

Sinister Seven is another solid mapset from Doomkid. It has enough custom touches and expert design to make it worth your while, even though it's nothing groundbreaking.

21 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

@sincity2100

Doomworld download page

I would have guessed this to be one of the earliest maps made for the wad. It turns out it was a guest mapper. Visually, it’s very orthogonal and has a lot of brown, but it’s mostly on par with sincity2100’s maps. However, the map is a rather boring variety of linear. It is just room after room after room, usually connected by small doors. Some of the areas are awkward to move around in/interact with monsters in. I never found a BFG or plasma gun or rocket launcher, so it was often very grindy. All of the combat was shooting monsters in front of you and a few traps beside/behind you. Nothing about the environment made the combat interesting. The big finale was entirely optional and easily skippable.

Bottom line: I feel bad saying it since it’s not even the main mapper, but this is probably my least favorite map in the wad

I Agree, there was a version where I put Rocket Launcher and Plasma Rifle in this map, but they don't exist in this version

@mArt1And00m3r11339, Map 07 has a teleporter destination that is only there on hard. It's after the early perched revenant + cacodemon part. I started the map and could not complete. Do you know of any other such errors? I'd hate to go through the same multiple times again.

I modified the map to check the teleporter destination in question on easy and medium. That is the file I will use when I redo the video.

@DooMknight, I was going to play the map in two videos, but it will have to be three. What is supposed to happen after Spider Mastermind fight? I got locked in there and there doesn't seem to be anything to do. Too much going on to try to figure it out in the editor...

EDIT: you also seem to be missing a teleport destination in sector 213, but I even tried idclipping to kill the last arachnotron and I still couldn't figure out how to progress.

SECOND EDIT: I read in the thread that this issue came up. Does it simply mean I killed the Spiderdemon before the pillars had finished barring me in?

Edited by HAK3180

2 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

@DooMknight, I was going to play the map in two videos, but it will have to be three. What is supposed to happen after Spider Mastermind fight? I got locked in there and there doesn't seem to be anything to do. Too much going on to try to figure it out in the editor...

EDIT: you also seem to be missing a teleport destination in sector 213, but I even tried idclipping to kill the last arachnotron and I still couldn't figure out how to progress.

SECOND EDIT: I read in the thread that this issue came up. Does it simply mean I killed the Spiderdemon before the pillars had finished barring me in?

Yes, it's an error that has caused many people to get stuck in that area. I've solved that problem and many others in my local wad file.
I've uploaded thefixed & updated wad, in case you want to try this one. I know it's a chore, if you already had the map almost finished and recorded, but there's no other way.

Changelog:

Spoiler

Changed the action lines in the rooms where the deathknight and the spidermastermind appear so that the player can not be trapped.
Eliminated some instapopups of enemies (not all) that confused the players.
Added some health in the outdoor area that opens with the yellow key.
Added more CELL ammo in the final battle.
The closets for teleportation of monsters are moved, now they should not be heard in the playable zone.
Added new items and enemies in a new explorable area.
Added details in some areas.
Fixed some errors.

P.D: Also thanks for telling me about sector 213, I hadn't seen that. I's already fixed in the file that I just attached.

SupplyDepotFixed.rar

Edited by DooMknight

@DooMknight, cool thanks. I've recorded around 800 kills, so I think I'll just idclip out of there and carry on. I'll make a note that more cell ammo is the intention toward the end and you can disregard (some of) the moments where I complain about instapop.

@Steve D

Doomworld download page

It starts very reminiscent of Knee Deep in the Dead and pretty much stays that way until you go outside. Then it reminds you of Doom 2 in a couple different ways. It’s a nice design. There are some cool touches with stock textures – overall a clean, professional look. The way the map plays has some nice features, showing you what is to come at various places and making one big room sort of the hub of keys. The combat was a little stingy on health since the first half was so many hitscanners, but the encounters in general are pretty organic ways of making Doomguy’s life miserable.

Bottom line: You don’t really get anything too innovative, but if you just want more Doom 2 levels, here’s a good one.

9 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

@mArt1And00m3r11339, Map 07 has a teleporter destination that is only there on hard. It's after the early perched revenant + cacodemon part. I started the map and could not complete. Do you know of any other such errors? I'd hate to go through the same multiple times again.

I modified the map to check the teleporter destination in question on easy and medium. That is the file I will use when I redo the video.

I forgot to adjust that. I will have to update that level. Thanks for the information.