Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cant delete my DW account

HalfHeart Doom Project - We need a spriter!

HalfHeart (shortened to H-H) is a new project to create a TC not unlike Harmony,but with strong story elements supported by Strife dialogues and other UDMF tricks.

However,we're in a costante pack of spriter.

Could Simeone help us just for fun and glory,without getting paid or something?

My rule is 0$ budget.

Can you show any evidence you've actually put any effort into such a project? Any talented sprite artist will already have countless projects on the go; some/many of which will be paid positions.

Seeing a half-assed post asking for someone to commit several hours of their time to doing one of the most sought after skills in the doom community is going to put a bad taste in most people's mouths and certainly won't entice anyone to work alongside you.

With an unpaid request such as this, your only chance to get people on board will be to literally ooze passion and show you really care for the project. Your current post reads like this: "hey i came up with a name of a project and now i need other people to make it for me"

It's also worth noting what kinds of sprites you need! You've made no indication if you need custom enemies, decorations, weapons etc. They're all very different tasks. If you needed a couple of weapons it's much more likely you'll get help than say needing a new set of enemies.

I apologise if this post comes across as pointing a finger / being rude - it's not my intention. I'd like to guide you rather than put you off entirely.

6 hours ago, FraxGamer314 said:

Could Simeone help us just for fun and glory,without getting paid or something?

My rule is 0$ budget.

don't bother....

unless it's in the artists best interest they won't even look at your request, even if it is a paid position.

I've tried countless times with no luck fully willing to pay... perhaps I lack the popularity but whatever. 

better start learning to draw matey, or try lookin into deviantart.

my advice to you would be to learn how to 3d model. its 100times easier... you don't have to consider things like sprite rotations or pixel perfect animations which is extremely difficult to get right especially if you don't have a graphic tablet to hand.

Edited by Ermi

Do you need ALSO an ACS scripter/Map creator/Music composer? *Sarcasm* I just can't find ANYTHING related to your "HalfHeart Doom Project". Could we see something related to your project? What's the storyplot of this project?

Heh.

Without any proof of concept and at least SOMETHING project related (plot, screenies, etc.) asking help from people is pointless there.

And if thing you doing is somewhat like your previous topic ( the "i've mixed Brewthothall Dwermn with "somewhatelse" thing) there will no help from others, I might to guess.

FraxGamer314, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

1 hour ago, DeXiaZ said:

Do you need ALSO an ACS scripter/Map creator/Music composer? *Sarcasm* I just can't find ANYTHING related to your "HalfHeart Doom Project". Could we see something related to your project? What's the storyplot of this project?

Heh.

58 minutes ago, CWolf said:

Without any proof of concept and at least SOMETHING project related (plot, screenies, etc.) asking help from people is pointless there.

And if thing you doing is somewhat like your previous topic ( the "i've mixed Brewthothall Dwermn with "somewhatelse" thing) there will no help from others, I might to guess.

1 hour ago, Ermi said:

don't bother....

unless it's in the artists best interest they won't even look at your request, even if it is a paid position.

I've tried countless times with no luck fully willing to pay... perhaps I lack the popularity but whatever. 

better start learning to draw matey, or try lookin into deviantart.

my advice to you would be to learn how to 3d model. its 100times easier... you don't have to consider things like sprite rotations or pixel perfect animations which is extremely difficult to get right especially if you don't have a graphic tablet to hand.

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Can you show any evidence you've actually put any effort into such a project? Any talented sprite artist will already have countless projects on the go; some/many of which will be paid positions.

Seeing a half-assed post asking for someone to commit several hours of their time to doing one of the most sought after skills in the doom community is going to put a bad taste in most people's mouths and certainly won't entice anyone to work alongside you.

With an unpaid request such as this, your only chance to get people on board will be to literally ooze passion and show you really care for the project. Your current post reads like this: "hey i came up with a name of a project and now i need other people to make it for me"

It's also worth noting what kinds of sprites you need! You've made no indication if you need custom enemies, decorations, weapons etc. They're all very different tasks. If you needed a couple of weapons it's much more likely you'll get help than say needing a new set of enemies.

I apologise if this post comes across as pointing a finger / being rude - it's not my intention. I'd like to guide you rather than put you off entirely.

Yeah,yeah,I did it the wrong way.

I guess I'll just do it the way Mid-way (pun was totally made up in 0.01 seconds) did with Doom64,ripping off screenies off their own models.

Or maybe just editing FreeDooM's sprites.

Again,I apologize myself,especially to CWolf.

Here's the plot:
This guy (we'll just call him HH) wakes up after being drunk,in a laboratory which seems...rather empty.

Then there's the intro map (not even 2% complete) that you can look up here to get proof I AM doing this.

HH will be turned by a scientist into a cyborg who will help him and try to find out what the hell happened.

ZANDRONUM 3.0  (170901-1140) 26_02_2018 16_43_07.png

That is a single room with nothing in it. Sorry, all you have are ideas at the moment.

I was just typing a post when Jimmy sniped me. In a nutshell, you've proven that you've ripped a few sprites and drawn a box in doom builder, set the sector effect to 8 (light pulse or w/e), and the started using very basic ACS. That's all of 15 minutes work to someone experienced in these matters. I'm really sorry to put you on the spot like this but, is this your first doom project?

If so, stop now. You're going to look back in x years and regret that you didn't do it properly and with more preparation. I look at some of my old content like that and it's not great. Instead, learn to make great maps (and in a simpler format such as Boom so you're not tempted to use every single 'awesome new feature' you can get your hands on) and consider practicing other techniques such as Ermi's suggestion of 3D models for in-game art.

I as an outsider would like to see you do your ideas justice; don't kill them by not practicing first! :)

11 minutes ago, FraxGamer314 said:

HH will be turned by a scientist into a cyborg who will help him and try to find out what the hell happened.

Not bad concept, but...

You're asking for help too soon. I mean, you must understand - sprite making is really hard thing. Believe me. You need a lot of time, a lot of fantasy, a lot of skills and other things to create sprites. Even if you ask something "pro" (for example - CWolf) - he will not start doing sprites for you because you have nothing about maps/decorate. That means, that Pro-Art-Designer, by your logic, must spent a lot of time to make sprites for...for what? Nobody wants to waste time.

You must ask for such help when your project is about 70-80% of completeness. Not when you have 0.1%