Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Curiosity cannot be concealed

Do we get to pick the location as well as the time? 'Cuz there wasn't much happening in Dallas in 30 AD.

DooMBoy said:

If you guys had lived in another century, what would you have been?

OLD?In fact ALL of us lived in another century ya fool! the 20th!

Probably Europe, in the Dark Ages. Heh...som much fun, dieing from the Black Plague. Also, it would be cool to be upper class during the times of the golden ages of Greece or Egypt...being lower class would suck though.

Imagine living anytime before the 20th century, where lockjaw meant getting your face bashed in without anesthetics. Where tooth decay meant chiseling the tooth out of the jaw and hanging the patient by his/her feet so they dan't go into shock from the pain. Where constipation meant waiting to pass a lump of mass that snowballed into sometimes a bowling-ball size, often rupturing the skin.

This century is good enough for me, I guess. But if I had to choose I'd say 4000 C.E/A.D.:D...Just to see wut it would be like, if there is a "it" then...>:P...That is a question only Time can Answer!!!....Or Miss. Cleo.....which ever is better I guess...

the_Danarchist said:

Probably Europe, in the Dark Ages. Heh...som much fun, dieing from the Black Plague. Also, it would be cool to be upper class during the times of the golden ages of Greece or Egypt...being lower class would suck though.

Also you could die in the Dark Ages from having maw-worms in your sinus cavities, getting a nosebleed, getting your skull split open by a battle ax, being hit by arrows from a crossbow, having your head cut off with a sword, catching a cold, being punched or otherwise beaten to death, and many other fun ways!

I'd prefer living in, say, the 40th century.

If humanity or s descendant species still prospers.

Woolie Wool said:

Also you could die in the Dark Ages from having maw-worms in your sinus cavities, getting a nosebleed, getting your skull split open by a battle ax, being hit by arrows from a crossbow, having your head cut off with a sword, catching a cold, being punched or otherwise beaten to death, and many other fun ways!

The list things that you could die from back then is endless, it goes on and on forever never ending and leaving everyone in despair and bitter peril, so bacially, anything that moves or is incapable of moving, or even lives for that matter, is a threat to your life...What fun!!

Woolie Wool said:

I'd prefer living in, say, the 40th century.

If humanity or s descendant species still prospers.

I'll be suprised if any time of matter, atom, particle, or gean makes it to that date and lives in a somewhat civilized manner, I'll be Damned...nevermind, I already am...:D

DOOM Anomaly said:

The list things that you could die from back then is endless, it goes on and on forever never ending and leaving everyone in despair and bitter peril, so bacially, anything that moves or is incapable of moving, or even lives for that matter, is a threat to your life...What fun!!

In a world of electricity, power appliances, extremely heavy and fickle people-movers, flight, and lots and lots of moving parts, not to mention countless kinds of environmental, societal, and personal degeneration, is it really all that different?

At least I know how to stay alive in this world. I would not be cut out for any kind of agrarian or "survival of the fittest" situation.

IMJack said:

In a world of electricity, power appliances, extremely heavy and fickle people-movers, flight, and lots and lots of moving parts, not to mention countless kinds of environmental, societal, and personal degeneration, is it really all that different?

At least I know how to stay alive in this world. I would not be cut out for any kind of agrarian or "survival of the fittest" situation.

Agreed, but at least now we have some type of technology, I mean, back then, if you get a common cold, the snivels, or slice your finger or bruise your knee, it wuz a massive issue and a high possible chance of dying. Now all that worry is gone, but more problems have entered the fray. We're never safe...its like a game!!...only if it was more like Doom :D

Lists of Mortality were published in England showing causes of deaths in days gone by: 1600's are interesting. 10 died from lethargy in 1654, we have all been there :)

Draconio said:

2600 A.D. Assuming the human race still lives and prospers by then.

Yeah! And then I'd start conducting experiments with portals and stuff..

Disorder said:

:D Im liking the sound of that :D

Can I help if I exist then?

Woolie Wool said:

Yeah, but you can't die from radiation, anthrax, aids, gunshot wounds, ebola, napalm, being hit by a car, or any of that great stuff we have around today. Plus, swords were practicaly a commodity back then.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Draconio said:
2600 A.D. Assuming the human race still lives and prospers by then.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, that HAS already happened by then - Doom happens in 2145.
By 2600 A.D. we're probably busy fighting the Strogg and humanity HAS experienced horrible times before that, both after the destruction of great land areas during the demon invasion and a few centuries after that, humanity still screws up, resurrecting gateway tech, calling it "slipgates" and accidentally opening the door into another dimension which is similar to Hell in many ways (except that it's cold there). By 2600 A.D., humanity has won the first Strogg war and a new war with the biomechanical freaks is brewing.

Agreed, but at least now we have some type of technology, I mean, back then, if you get a common cold, the snivels, or slice your finger or bruise your knee, it wuz a massive issue and a high possible chance of dying. Now all that worry is gone, but more problems have entered the fray. We're never safe...its like a game!!...only if it was more like Doom :D

Well damn me if people don't die of AIDS and cancer today (along a few other killer viruses).

dsm said:

Well damn me if people don't die of AIDS and cancer today (along a few other killer viruses).

Yup, I hear ya, damn me to burning pits of the foul blazing infernos of Hell if I don't die from this damn Diabetes...Then again, that operation when im 18 sounds mighty fine, except for the chances are that I could die there ;) Meh, I'll risk it, if we aren't more advanced then. Then again, Diabetes isnt all that killer, compared to Aids, Cancer, ect...We'll see...

the_Danarchist said:

Yeah, but you can't die from radiation, anthrax, aids, gunshot wounds, ebola, napalm, being hit by a car, or any of that great stuff we have around today. Plus, swords were practicaly a commodity back then.

Anthrax was around

DOOM Anomaly said:

:D Im liking the sound of that :D

Can I help if I exist then?

Sure, why not?
At least I wouldn't die alone :)

8,000 years ago as part of some forgotten civilisation. I would ride dragons, slay my foes with the fire-shooting nipples of Supreme Powarr(tm) and grow a very, very long beard.

I wouldn't mind living hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years ago, when magic was in use and elves, goblins, and orcs roamed the world :)

I wouldn't mind living sixty years from now, when magic is in use, cybernetics are possible, and elves, goblins, and orks roam the streets. ;)

Hi, my name is Jack and I play Shadowrun. So sue me.

10,000 years ago (doges flames from christians saying "THERE WAS NO TIME BEFORE 6000 years ago!")