• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bioshockfan90

Forum Update?

2 minutes ago, antares031 said:

I've one problem with spoiler box.

Reveal hidden contents

It's too hard to read the words in the spoiler box. I suggest to use different color for the spoiler box, such as black for font.

BUT AT LEAST I CAN USE THIS FONT FOR BETTER VISUAL :D

same with the [code][/code] tag

EDIT: It seems I have been sniped, both these issues were addressed in the time it took me to write this post - you win this round, Xaser.

I was signed out when I entered this forum. Thankfully I knew my passwords and username, so I signed back again.

Seems like my browser doesn't remember my cookies.

Nice theme through.

50 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

clear.png.b816a177f557b895ba7b61f3eb4e0eee.png<-----

let's see here.... Maybe this works.

EDIT: @Cynical above is an "invisible" box for you

This has me fixed up, thanks!

I can't see reviews anymore on front page, will it return back? That thing was kind of helpful for me.

Edit:seems phone cut out it, but on computer it shows them right :""")

Edited by Myst.Haruko

The new visual update is nice and all but I would much prefer a modernization of the WAD uploading process, as well as being able to link projects you made linked to your account, like I suggested before.

Edited by DooM_RO

38 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

The new visual update is nice and all but I would much prefer a modernization of the WAD uploading process, as well as being able to link projects you named to your account, like I suggested before.

I believe this is on the card, but it's a big job. Although, I seem to remember Ling saying he was waiting for the Theme update to be done, so perhaps we'll see something at some point.

On a separate subject, it seems the new forum hasn't fixed the compatibility with Android Chrome where you can't delete a quote box once you've added it. Aside from that, looks nice though!

Here is another suggestion

Move the forum a bit to the left so that you can have twice the space for File Reviews.

2 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

I was signed out when I entered this forum. Thankfully I knew my passwords and username, so I signed back again.

Seems like my browser doesn't remember my cookies.

Nice theme through.

Just a friendly reminder: If you still use one password for every site, it's about time to look into a password manager. I can highly recommend KeePass or any fork of it, preferably KeePassXC since that's the latest one, it takes a day or two to setup most of your accounts, but then you'll find it's just a minute or so to add any site that you come across that you didn't enter yet. There are also browser extensions for it, like ChromeIPass for Chrome or Keywi for FireFox, so you can login with 2 clicks.

And I'd suggest Have I been pwned?, that's a site where you can enter your email and it searches through publicly available data breaches for it, useful to know if a hacker might got your data or not. Sadly though, most breaches are kept hold secret for a long time, so even if you find it out it's usually way too late to just change your password. But well, as long as companys aren't forced to inform the user about security breaches, one can only dream...

And to make my post not completely off-topic:

Those areas could need some padding on the right side and for the file review text, I'd suggest text-align: justify.

Unbenannt.png.b03b2a058e822e30f5f30734a1f501cd.png

Edited by torekk

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

same with the [code][/code] tag

EDIT: It seems I have been sniped, both these issues were addressed in the time it took me to write this post - you win this round, Xaser.

Not fixed for me. Dear god the white burns.

Oh hey, I can't quote quotes. :P

w7N7pk0.pngAlso another issue I just happened to notice.

I'm not getting file reviews on mobile anymore, either. I'm using Firefox on Android.

Edit: also, there's a line here. No biggie, but thought I'd point it out :)

Screenshot_20180227-024037.jpg

Hm, not going to lie, I liked the old theme more, but this one is mostly decent and I wasn't able to notice any visible issues on the mobile version (using Chrome on Android). The only thing that bugged me a little bit was the position of the button in the Doomworld banner, I remember it being closer to the left side, now it's almost in the middle which looks a bit odd. It could be moved a bit to the left.

There's some text alignment issues in the review boxes on the index, and the button that shows your current location on the forum (where Unread Content is) is too dark. Also, I think the bold (that is, if it really is bold and not just the font itself) should be removed from the text on the index, it actually looks good on mobile but on PC it's way too thick.

Spoiler

dadasdasdasdadad

(testing the spoiler text)

E: Yeah this thing sucks horribly, can't see the text, light gray on white lol.

And lastly, the old "Like" button was infinitely better than what we have now, it'd be great to have it back, or the names and the heart should change their color to red once pressed, be repositioned and resized a bit, they're too large and low in the box. The post count should be hidden as well, I don't see much purpose in it being visible below the group we belong to anyway, and it's not great from an aesthetic perspective to have too much text present there either.

Edited by Agent6

5 hours ago, Xaser said:

"stuff randomly floating in a black void."

That's the case with the like stuff. Apparently a missing zero.

.cTopic .ipsComment .ipsComment_content .ipsItemControls {
    bottom: 0;
    height: 42px;
    position: absolute;
    width: calc(100% - 20px);
}

The author column, however, is 200px rather than 20px wide. Changing the width calc to 100% - 200px fixes the display.

Ew ew ew EW

All these big empty black bars on the sides and smaller buttons...thumbs down

This may come as a shock, but I think most people don't actually use the bright-white-burn-your-retinas theme, so making half the elements on the screen bright white anyways was a rather strange decision.

Sorry to be rude, but why did you replace (on mobile) the nice font with some Arial-like?

Having the background for the body of the post to be slightly brighter seems redundant, but I guess it's a matter of getting used to it?

Pleasant: the line informing you that the post was edited ISN'T IN A GIANT FONT CRAVING FOR YOUR ATTENTION WITH CHEERLEADER POMS. I swear to God, this forum used to have the most cynical and punishing way of displaying that information I've seen so far.

Still have to add an additional line break so it doesn't snuggle with the other text (like here), but maybe it just feels wrong by association.

Edited by Da Werecat

It looks better the way it is now :D

I have one suggestion: The /newstuff chronicles could have a space in the main page. The way it is now it's too hidden.

I see that you updated also the download section. It's cool now that in the wad page you can read the text file but I think that it would be better if it's contained in a frame with its own scroll, like in /idgames. Also the cool wad titles made with characters in the text file, like in Alien Vendetta, are messed up :(

This was present also before the update, for the reviews it looks like the software creates pages also for the old votes made without a comment, the last pages of reviews of many wads are likely to be blank, and if you click on them the reviews section disappears.

i think the post count under the member's avatar should be hidden by default - i think (from experience on other forums) that making it a 'part' of someones forum identity encourages spamming

I appreciate that the custom title is once again easily noticeable.

Also, oddly, the notification menu font is once again nice on iPad, not Arial-like. Does Huawei P9 Lite lack fonts?

2 quick suggestions :

• The "Text file" in the downloads section should be collapsed by default, there should be a "read more" button to read the rest of the text instead.
  • I thought you guys wanted to hide the post count below users profiles to discourage spamming ?

May i ask what was the reason for this update?The vb system was gone cause it was outdated,and not like i dont appreciate the effort Xaser put to this new forum,but i thought the old forum worked fine,and its only been like a year?

11 minutes ago, Catpho said:

May i ask what was the reason for this update? [...] but i thought the old forum worked fine,and its only been like a year?

It's not a new forum, it's a software update from IPS 4.2.1 (or something) to 4.2.7. We just happened to roll out the new style along with the patch.

And the reason for the patch was probably 13 pages of this in 20 minutes, among other things.

Anyway, the style's a work in progress, so bear with us.