Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bioshockfan90

Forum Update?

I'm thinking it would look nicer if likes appeared in a colour that wasn't cloudy grey. Maybe a light shade of pink would work better. 

Hey everyone, something's up with the spoiler tags. They're

Spoiler

...fixed now.

when a topic has a * star next to it on the index list of threads/topics - you cant click on it to take you to the first unread post like you can with unstarred topics. that seems like a mistake...

The clickable star works for me for unread posts, though the trouble is that the colors are backwards to what you'd think -- "popular, but read" has a brighter color than "popular, but unread"; I should probably fix that. :P

[EDIT] Just issued an improvement. Should be way more clear what's what now.

Edited by Xaser

thats very odd - i cant click the star at all :/

i can click the round solid dots to take me to an unread post, but if its a star - no dice...

Also, on the main page, I noticed that the icons representing new posts and no new posts are reversed (blue = no new posts where before it meant there were new posts). A bit jarring at first, like signing things during the first few days of a new year, but I'm used to it now.

You mean now, or before? Right now the bright and obvious one means "new posts" while the faded out one is "no new posts".

@rehelekretep What operating system & browser are you using? Sounds like this needs a closer look, whatever it is.

Yeah, the bright white speech icon means new posts, but before, the circle was blue rather than gray. It's fine how it is though.

Also, an option that had been long missing from here is at last available: we can edit our status updates now.

@Ichor Whoops; misunderstood what you meant. I tweaked the color -- should be better now.

BTW, thanks for all the postings/comments/compliments/nopes, etc. Can't do this in a vacuum, so all that's essential.

Got randomly locked out for 15 minutes just because I attempted to log in, despite having the site remember me.

I hereby start a petition for a pink/purple forum theme. Not kidding, I would really like to have that, if possible and not too demanding in terms of effort, that is.

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I hereby start a petition for a pink/purple forum theme. Not kidding, I would really like to have that, if possible and not too demanding in terms of effort, that is.

1 hour ago, kaleb. said:

^ i agree with pink/purple suggestion

Only if it's optional.

5 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

The number of posts a user has made on the site should not be visible for reasons others have already mentioned; I think the number of posts should be replaced with the date in which that member joined Doomworld, that's a bit of info I appreciated having right there without mousing over their avatar.

4 hours ago, bzzrak said:

Where's the regdate? The one that used to be right under the avatar? 

It's an integral part of my Doomworld experience. So naturally I will whine about it until it is brought back. 

Jesus, surprised by how no one has noticed it yet.

Hmmmm...

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Just dropped back in to tell you that the new like button is the greatest like button on the internet but I am not going to expound on why that is so it doesn't get changed

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Just now, GuyMcBrofist said:

[snip]

Can you shut the fuck up before they change it please

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Why are you actively trying to ruin a good thing

23 minutes ago, DILDOMASTER666 said:

Just dropped back in to tell you that the new like button is the greatest like button on the internet but I am not going to expound on why that is so it doesn't get changed

I just pieced together what you were really saying here and I apologize.

Still, it was only a matter of time.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Just so my intent was clear I actually used the like button on the above post to display that I liked it, not as a middle finger.

1 minute ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

If we decide to implement a dislike button...

d6f91faa70cdcf749fd9e15c1fbbbbd167e940bf

31 minutes ago, DILDOMASTER666 said:

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 8.30.25 PM.png