Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teivman

What was the best deal you ever got on physical copies of Video games?

A couple of days ago i got most likely the best deal in video games ever. I found a perfect big box copy of G-NOME with everything in it along with a big boxed copy of Helecops with everything in it. I got those both for about 20$ which is a steal considering both of those games in box are really rare. I also got the original Deus Ex, Lego Racers 2, Delta force, Far Cry, Ghost Recon Complete, Sector 8, spec ops 2, Hellgate London, Militarism, Dead space 1 and dead space 2. I got all of this stuff for about 60$ in total.  

What about you guys?

Edited by MrD!zone

Doom 2 CIB for as little as €2 at a flea market back in 2008.

It's basically thanks to that purchase that I've become as involved in the Doom community as I am today.

I remember finding an unopened copy of Mortal Kombat 1 at Toys R Us for the SNES for $10 Canadian. This was when it was still fairly new. I remember being at Knob Hill Farms on Mortal Monday, and SNES copies were going for $120 and Genesis copies were $100. For those of you that don't know, Knob Hill Farms is basically a really filthy grocery store as well as a shopping mall. It was fairly large, and everything was way overpriced. No wonder it closed down.

I purchased Final Fantasy 7 for $10 American at the MacArthur Center, Norfolk Virginia. I'd already played through Final Fantasy 8, but not 7. 

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

I'd already played through Final Fantasy 8, but not 7. 

And to this day I still prefer VIII. :P

I recently got a copy of the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for free from someone who had the game but didn't like it enough to charge for it. It is retarded how hard it is to find that game for a decent price right now. I found a copy of the game at a pawn shop for $70 CAD! From what I understand, it isn't particularly liked very much by many fans of the series, so why the hell is it so expensive? Link being right-handed is not a logical excuse.

I've also gotten the majority of my Gameboys & their games as hand-me-downs from my cousins whenever they got the newest handheld. Now they are supposed to be sending me what's left of their Gameboy stuff since they no longer have anything to play them on.

My dad also has many big-box Sierra games from the golden age of that company, I need to make sure he gives them to me at some point before he potentially throws them away completely ignorant of their value. Plus he has Final Doom in the big box as well, the other Doom games are on loose but totally legit floppy disks.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

D&D Anthology (basically Baldur's Gate and Planescape) for $3

Second hand copy of Breath of Fire 3 for £15, perfect condition other than the easily replaceable plastic case was cracked

Various big box games for 5 euros each:

GTA 1

MDK 2 (sealed)

Rama

Diablo 2

Doom 3

Arcanum

And at 3 euros each, I got:

Quake 4

Wolfenstein 2009

DMC3 Special edition

Fuel

Edited by ShotgunDemolition

Just now, Herzon said:

$1 DOLLAR FOR DOOM 64 HOT BUTTER POPCORN THAT'S A DEALLLLLLLLLLLL

Also big rigs over the road racing for 99 cents.

One time I took advantage of an opportunity to get a physical copy of Doom 4 for around 60 bucks. Smokin deal. Worth every penny.

22 hours ago, Herzon said:

$1 DOLLAR FOR DOOM 64 HOT BUTTER POPCORN THAT'S A DEALLLLLLLLLLLL

I thought it was a steal when I got Doom 64 for $8 back in... 2003 or 2004. After the next generation hit, N64 games were cheap. That store had most of them for between $4 and $10. 

Although it was also pretty sweet when I paid $5 for Demon's Crest in... 2001 or 2? I sold it back in August for $115. Not that I didn't like the game, I loved it, but sometimes you need money. And I hadn't played it for like 10 years.

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault 'Warchest' pack: the original game, plus Spearhead and Breakthrough expansion packs. £2 (around US$2.80) from a charity shop.

Also original Medal Of Honor plus MoH Underground (PSX) for 20 pence (US$0.30) from a pawn shop.