Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

What are your favorite fish avatars?

I think fish avatars are pretty amusing, and pretty much what i associate with dw during the early 2000s. So what are your favorites?

Plus,here is a fish avatar website!

Some of my favorites: Bloodshedder's fish, Greyghost's fish, Marcaek's fish, Kid Airbag's fish,....

Are those based off the Dopefish or something? How come that there are so many of them?

On topic: I'm not particularly interested on them, but if I had to pick one I'd go with the Homerfish.

You know, this thread is just starting out and I can already tell that something fishy is going on.

Puns aside, dsmfish and pritchfish 2.0 look the best imo.

I completely forgot about these. I wasn't here when the fish fad was at its peak but I did belatedly jump on the bandwagon a few years ago and made an energy orb fish:

b05be48de1_94129042_o2.gif

I'm quite tempted to fishify my avatar now.

Also my favorite from the list is probably the pain elemental fish.

Edit: My avatar has been fishified.

Edited by 129thVisplane

@129thVisplane Your new avatar is legitimately the coolest* fish edit I've seen here.

[*insert joke here about the sun being quite the opposite of "cool".*]

<3 Plans are to bring it back when my laptop is fully running again, which may be soon ;D

Bah, part of my tail is missing. (edit: Fixed, @129thVisplane saves the day again)

EDIT: @Krispy had a series of Doom power-up fish avatars that were pretty sweet. As you can see the last one was the megasphere but I recall soulsphere and godsphere variants.

@Xaser I could've sworn your avatar was fishified, when did you change back? (if you ever did)

Edited by Eris Falling : not buggered avatar!

I switched it back after the forum software change. The fish edit was 48x48 and was subject to death-by-upscaling. I may remake it at some point if the fishiness is making a minor comeback, but I've got bigger... uh... fish to fry.

Fishes are cool, but nowadays people are addicted to anime avatars with cute girls and furries.

Edited by riderr3

13 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

Fishes are pretty cool, but nowadays people are addicted to anime avatars with cute girls.

From cute anime fish avatars to cute anime girl avatars. Seems like not much has changed.

30 minutes ago, Xaser said:

I switched it back after the forum software change. The fish edit was 48x48 and was subject to death-by-upscaling. I may remake it at some point if the fishiness is making a minor comeback, but I've got bigger... uh... fish to fry.

You can put a transparent border around it so it would fit in the space without needing to scale up.

29 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

Fishes are cool, but nowadays people are addicted to anime avatars with cute girls and furries.

you got a problem with that?! ;-)

39 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Bah, part of my tail is missing.

Yeah, I noticed that on yours after making this new avatar and its tail got cut off when uploading. I thought the homerfish was a perfect square, but I guess not? I suppose the new forum software just displays avatars a bit differently than before, but to be fair my bonzifish got upscaled 3x during creation, so maybe that's why mine didn't fit.

On-topic, I like most all fish avatars, but can't remember all I've seen, especially as they've become less popular and the posters that use them fade out and post less over time. Fonzo's micfish is adorable, and of course the Xaserfish, Caekfish and your Erisfish are great too. Wish I could remember more. That Energyorbfish was nice while it lasted and Kirby has had some cool ones too.

Would be cool to get a bunch in the same place for posterity, so on that note here are my two, which are of course both just extensions/animations of the basic DW avatar. I always wanted to know who made the default DW homerfish; I just know most of the defaults came from avatars people used back when this site was newer.

I think I did something stupid while trying to display the imgur links and this post may be in bad shape, heh.

43 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

There is a fish that's an actual dick... Has anyone used that one?

gggmork I think had it at one point.

Mine reminds me of when I was so excited to reach 250 post count to get a custom avatar and spent like 2 hours in MS Paint tracing the pink fish into an outline by hand, writing the words by hand, and then downloading some bloated shareware animated gif maker in order to splice together the two frames.

my favorite ones are the ones I made because they are my little .jpg children and I like seeing them still running around in the wild. That includes my old Samus / Skultera gif but more recently Alfonzo's microphone fish and the very simple Marcake.