Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SayWhatOneMoreTime

What do you think comes after death?

If this isn't allowed i'll delete. I'm just wanting to know what other people think comes after death.

I don't believe in god but I do know that satan is waiting at the gates for me when I arrive and I'm sure i'll suffer the worst punishment in hell.

Hey man, don't be so hard on yourself. You don't seem like a bad person, at least you aren't selfish or a jerk or anything like that. You obviously don't deserve the hate that you give yourself. As for the first part, why do you ask? Personally I think there's an afterlife with a heaven and hell after death, but of course other people believe different. Why exactly do you bring this up? Instead of worrying where you'll go when you die, I would just focus on being a good person while your alive, since that is more important; thats just my 2 cents... 

27 minutes ago, Jthom said:

Hey man, don't be so hard on yourself. You don't seem like a bad person, at least you aren't selfish or a jerk or anything like that. You obviously don't deserve the hate that you give yourself. As for the first part, why do you ask? Personally I think there's an afterlife with a heaven and hell after death, but of course other people believe different. Why exactly do you bring this up? Instead of worrying where you'll go when you die, I would just focus on being a good person while your alive, since that is more important; thats just my 2 cents... 

I don't know why I'm so hard on myself, I don't know why I do a lot of thing's anymore. I think I have lost most of my memory and sometimes I don't even remember living most days. If you got to know me then you would see that I am a bad person. The reason I asked is because I know I'm going to die soon and heaven wasn't made for me. Heaven is for the normal people and not for the misfits, outcasts or depressed people and if I take my own life away then I will not be going to that perfect place.

Also I don't deserve my life because it's just a boring dull existence, mostly boring and plus all I do is sit at home when I'm not at school and listen to the most depressing music you could possibly find online.

Why do you think you're a bad person? Have you actually done anything bad...? Please don't kill yourself. You may not feel like it, but your life is valuable, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would be terribly sad if you were to die, and there are plenty of people who care about you. you have a lot to live for. Suicide is a permanent answer to a TEMPORARY problem, and I guarantee if you just choose to go on, your life WILL get better. You're still young, throughout your life so many things will change, you'll be like a totally different person in the future. And eventually, you'll feel a lot better and be a lot happier. I can relate to the part about life being boring, I live possibly the most dull life ever, just doom and music all the time. But its okay, life has it's ups and downs, what's important is, you keep getting better in life, and if you persist, you can dig yourself out of whatever bad situation your in. Please, don't kill yourself. I dont know what to say, man. But you're better than that, your life is valuable, and you have a lot to live for. I know that nobody here considers you a bad person, please don't be so hard on yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Jthom said:

Why do you think you're a bad person? Have you actually done anything bad...? Please don't kill yourself. You may not feel like it, but your life is valuable, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would be terribly sad if you were to die, and there are plenty of people who care about you. you have a lot to live for. Suicide is a permanent answer to a TEMPORARY problem, and I guarantee if you just choose to go on, your life WILL get better. You're still young, throughout your life so many things will change, you'll be like a totally different person in the future. And eventually, you'll feel a lot better and be a lot happier. I can relate to the part about life being boring, I live possibly the most dull life ever, just doom and music all the time. But its okay, life has it's ups and downs, what's important is, you keep getting better in life, and if you persist, you can dig yourself out of whatever bad situation your in. Please, don't kill yourself. I dont know what to say, man. But you're better than that, your life is valuable, and you have a lot to live for. I know that nobody here considers you a bad person, please don't be so hard on yourself. 

I have hurt people in my life mentally and I have made people angry at me for the thing's I have said and most of my emotions and logical thinking have died. I'm not killing myself anytime soon so don't worry... I have to wait for a lot of thing's in my life and I'm not looking forward to it and yeah I know doomworld isn't a place where I post all my problems and talk about how I feel but nobody is going to listen to me unless I do something, my parent's don't even take me seriously. I don't see my life as 'valuable' because it's a waste, and if god is real then he won't allow me to join him in his perfect place in the sun/sky/space or where 'heaven' is. If there's people that care about me then they shouldn't, they should know that in the end i'll drag them down and anyone that comes into contact with me will have to be investigated but I don't know how any of that works. I was supposed to go to therapy a couple days ago but my mom cancelled my appointment and she won't give me a good reason to why she did it and I have lost all hope of being who I used to be. Yeah suicide is a permanent answer but what if that problem has lasted for over 4-5 years? Or more, I don't even remember how long I have had to deal with this depression, honestly. I don't play doom anymore because the last time I played it was when I was talking to one of my friends but she betrayed me... She killed my trust in all people and I don't want friends anymore because like I said my trust has been killed and so has my love for anyone and when I do go through with it I'm leaving a list of people for the police to find and it'll have all the names of people who pushed me to do this and hopefully they'll feel and see something from this, and no, I'm not killing myself to get revenge on people. I'm doing it to end this suffering and this existence of life. Someone in my family died Monday and that just killed me more because the person that died was still a little kid and he had his whole life ahead of him and it just dragged me down more. I wasn't close to him at all but I feel like I lost a friend and a brother at the same time. Again, I shouldn't be bringing my problems onto this website but nobody will listen to me or what I have to say and I just type these thoughts out and hope that someone can relate to what I feel. Also another reason why I'm a bad person is because I have made a wad that any normal sane person would never think of making and I plan on giving it to another member on this site before I go and hopefully they'll start the wad and see what I was going through.

Quite a few nde's some people have had suggest that whatever happened in your life is meaningless when you move on to the next plane of existence, this also includes religion of any kind, that you are only judged for what you do there and not what you did in your life as if life was just a necessary developmental stage. But some seem to also suggest that taking your own life is cheating. Yes I have been researching into nde's, but some seem to be just trying to push for a particular religion and I try to avoid those ones.

Edited by Avoozl

Not willing to disclose my beliefs so I'll just answer the question instead and nothing else.

I am not inclined to believe that we end up anywhere or we continue to exist in a way or another after death. I'm taking the possibility into consideration but personally don't find it likely. I'm more inclined to believe we die and... don't know, nothing happens. I'm even more skeptical to the concept of reincarnation. And "heaven" or "hell" concepts are a huge "no" for me.

There might be an afterlife and religion has basically damaged any understanding of it which leads to people either believing in lies or disbelieving in the concept entirely. I don't think you are meant to waste your life thinking about such things to begin with though. All you need to do is live life to learn and experience, that's all that matters.

3 hours ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

I don't believe in god but I do know that satan is waiting

Satan can't exist without God. I mean, literally. Satan is a God's son. God have created him. If you believe in Satan you should admit the existence of the God.

BTW, I think that nothing is awaits for us. The electrical charges in our brain just stop doing their "things" and that's all. I'd like to say "Pure blackness", but no. If we die and see the pitch black - that means that we're existing somewhere. Without light, without physical things, but "somewhere". Cogito ergo sum (с)

Still, I also think that we don't know about death and afterlife. Maybe something is really existing (reincarnation or alternate universe), but I'm skeptical about this. Need proofs, lol.

4 minutes ago, DeXiaZ said:

Satan can't exist without God. I mean, literally. Satan is a God's son. God have created him. If you believe in Satan you should admit the existence of the God.

BTW, I think that nothing is awaits for us. The electrical charges in our brain just stop doing their "things" and that's all. I'd like to say "Pure blackness", but no. If we die and see the pitch black - that means that we're existing somewhere. Without light, without physical things, but "somewhere". Cogito ergo sum (с)

Still, I also think that we don't know about death and afterlife. Maybe something is really existing (reincarnation or alternate universe), but I'm skeptical about this. Need proofs, lol.

Even if god is real then why did he decide I was okay for earth? I'm a wasted seed and some people have tried to replant this dying thing but they're only making it worse.

I used to believe in reincarnation but now I don't know what I really believe in but if hell is real I do know that when I get there satan will be waiting and god will look down upon me and see his failed creation, a creation that decided to waste their own life.

40 minutes ago, DepravedDiptera said:

You become an Imp, but if you're a total asshole you become a Pain Elemental.

And if you die again you become a Revenant.

And if you went to McDonalds too much, you become a Mancubus.

42 minutes ago, DepravedDiptera said:

You become an Imp, but if you're a total asshole you become a Pain Elemental.

I prefer to be a Pain Elemental tbh

I'd like to think there's some sort of afterlife but I've never been able to convince myself of it. I believe we just revert to the same state of nonexistence experienced before we're born, somewhere we've already been but nobody would realize it because you no longer exist. Not a bad thing but not particularly great either.

26 minutes ago, MarsHappyNation said:

I'd like to think there's some sort of afterlife but I've never been able to convince myself of it. I believe we just revert to the same state of nonexistence experienced before we're born, somewhere we've already been but nobody would realize it because you no longer exist. Not a bad thing but not particularly great either.

I find that this generally terrifies people and I've never really been able to understand why. Anything else just seems like optimistic wishful thinking.

Hi @SayWhatOneMoreTime ,

you could still pray to God. I don't think, that you have to confess to a specific religion to be able to pray to God. Even if you don't really believe in God you could still try to pray, I mean it's not like it will do you anything bad right? So why not try? :)

As far as I know, God answers to every prayer. The key word here is "answers". God might not suddenly fullfill all your wishes but God will definitely answer to your prayer and hopefully God will lead you onto path on which Satan cannot do any harm to you. Remember that God is forgiving and merciful, no matter what you did. All you have to do is to show regret, which means, that you try to stop doing harmful things for you and for others.

If you believe in God now, then, as far as I know, all your sins from the past will be forgiven, no matter what anyone else says. But it's important that you now act like you believe, in example, instead of doing harm, you try to be helpful. Instead of judging others, you try to understand that they haven't it easy either. It's never too late.

Cheers :)

Also, to answer the thread question: I believe that there is a life after death, in which we will basically be seperated into (three) groups, I think? One group will join hell, the other group will join heaven. I have to re-read that part about third group :D

8 minutes ago, rodster said:

Also, to answer the thread question: I believe that there is a life after death, in which we will basically be seperated into (three) groups, I think? One group will join hell, the other group will join heaven. I have to re-read that part about third group :D

you just reminded me how good Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy is - i have the Penguin edition translated by Mark Musa - its brilliant

3 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

you just reminded me how good Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy is - i have the Penguin edition translated by Mark Musa - its brilliant

I have heard about Dante's Inferno multiple times now. I might read Divine Comedy, it interests me now.

My gf was just terrified the other night because she saw a hooded figure in our appt and now she refuses to sleep upstairs at night. She was all shaken up over it at the time and swearing she's not crazy, but from my perspective I'd love to see a ghost just to know that there is something more than this... We live in a Hell of not knowing ;)

14 minutes ago, rodster said:

You probably refer to the purgatory, that'd be the third. A place between the two.

the Mark Musa Penguin edition is particularly good for a few reasons:

- as far as i can tell its quite faithful, without using lots of archaic phrasing or vocabulary

- it has detailed notes of each canto at the end of the canto, so you can easily look up a line or section if you dont get the meaning.

- the notes have a lot of background info, and there is a fantastic introduction that explains so much context, and a very detailed glossary if you forget a word or chartacter

i think im going to read it again now!

7 hours ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

What do you think comes after death?

A whole lot of more death:

ymVHp6W.png

Nothing comes after death. I've known quite a few people who have been declared dead and when they came back they said nothing was afterward. One claimed to be psychic afterward, but I don't believe it.

Anyway let me throw out some unconventional theories for you:

The last 2 seconds of your death are lived out for eternity. Like how when a CD skips infinitely it can just make one long sound.

You are reborn... no no not as someone or something else, you are reborn the same year, the same person, the same everything. You just restart when you started. This would account for deja vu if deja vu wasn't associated to mini seizures making your short term memory confused for your long term memory.

Pick one.