Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SayWhatOneMoreTime

What do you think comes after death?

19 hours ago, durian said:

I think it goes something like this:

If you die, you restart the level at the beginning with a pistol and some bullets.

You're bald and have a grey beard. For this alone your theory has far more weight than anyone else's.

Edited by geo

I believe that after death soul of people will enter to another body. 
I don't believe of heaven and hell as a god and satan. Nodoby die. Soul is undead, only body has a limited shelf life also it can be broken after improper or careless use of them.
So, Death doesn't exists.

Wow this thread is quite edgy,perfect for me!
When you die you die.Nothing after that,it's just like it was before you were born.

I, myself, try to keep a positive outlook on going to Hell for my sins.

"I'll be suffering for all eternity, but hey, at least there's gonna be some kickass metal waiting for me."

4 hours ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

Even if god is real then why did he decide I was okay for earth? I'm a wasted seed and some people have tried to replant this dying thing but they're only making it worse.

I used to believe in reincarnation but now I don't know what I really believe in but if hell is real I do know that when I get there satan will be waiting and god will look down upon me and see his failed creation, a creation that decided to waste their own life.

The Domino principle. Imagine the classic Domino principle:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2TYMfsbBi2rsUYW5kfU8

And you are a small ant which can "see" only 2-3 of those dominoes. You can't see the last domino element, but God (if he exists) see. Possibly God knows that nobody knows about you, even yourself. Maybe you will do something cool in future.

Anyway, I think there is a way to get the pass to Heaven instead of Hell. Just don't give up with your bad thoughts. All of us have them from time to time.

1 hour ago, rehelekretep said:

the Mark Musa Penguin edition is particularly good for a few reasons:

- as far as i can tell its quite faithful, without using lots of archaic phrasing or vocabulary

- it has detailed notes of each canto at the end of the canto, so you can easily look up a line or section if you dont get the meaning.

- the notes have a lot of background info, and there is a fantastic introduction that explains so much context, and a very detailed glossary if you forget a word or chartacter

i think im going to read it again now!

Ah yes, Dante's Divine Comedy. Easily one of my favorite pieces of literature. So much so, I've read 3 different translations of it!

I second the Mark Musa translation for anyone who hasn't read it before. It's relatively accurate to my knowledge and is a fantastic introduction!

The John Ciardi translation is more poetic to me but is slightly less accurate than Mark Musa; an unfortunate compromise. I'd recommend it if you want to get a better idea of the structure of the poetry.

The Allen Mandelbaum translation is probably the most faithful of the bunch although it is slightly harder to get through compared to the above two. It's my favorite of the bunch though.

Very interesting write-up of specifically what happens after death:

http://www.memorialpages.co.uk/articles/decomposition.php

I personally don't believe in anything resembling magic so this is about the extent of it, far as I can tell. I think all the different theories are super fun to read and think about though. I like it when this kind of chatter comes up and it remains civil.

1 hour ago, Pyrolex said:

I, myself, try to keep a positive outlook on going to Hell for my sins.

"I'll be suffering for all eternity, but hey, at least there's gonna be some kickass metal waiting for me."

Sounds like something Bill Hicks would've said... actually, I think he did say this.

I had a recent passing in my family that actually has impacted me a lot. I'm an atheist, so before it happened I usually thought dead just meant you stopped existing. Now, I'm not so sure about what to make of it. I'd like to think that he is happy wherever he is.

Enter a dreamlike state, eventually get another body that matches the thoughts/desires during the dreamlike state, then rebirth and forget about all the previous life stuff.

You can never be sure, which is why I will tell my kids to put a Rocket Launcher in my coffin, just in case I need it for some final cleanup. 

OP, I'm not religious, and only half-Christian (ethnically half, non-practicing, not raised, not baptized, just vaguely aware of the tenants) but you seem to have a very incorrect view of Christian doctrine (which is what I assume you are basing your beliefs off of). Christians don't believe any human sin is unredeemable and pretty much the entire basis for the Christian ideas about life after death is about how the "misfits" are rewarded for their meekness. Your description of heaven as some sort of clique is pretty off-base regarding my understanding of Christian theological doctrine.

That being said, whatever you are going through, I'm not sure I want to be the guy proselytizing here since I'm not religious myself and I think religion, at least the way it's implemented by humans who are naturally flawed and selfish, has a lot of issues and shortcomings. But I mean if you are already religious, I feel like you might want to at least understand what the beliefs Christians hold actually are, since you seem to be wrapped up in some of the darker aspects that aren't even canonical by any stretch but more just biblical fan-fiction.

Also, in my opinion, Hell as a place like in Doom or pop culture is a vanity more than anything. It's people saying that a cosmic outcome for the human soul is a mirror of the fear humans have of animals in the night and the pain other humans can put them through. Hell's depiction in art and culture is almost always a reflection of the terror you would feel alone at night in a jungle or being chased down by violent attacker on a blood-and-body ridden battlefield. It's pure earthly terror triggered by an instinctive fear after all these millennia of evolution driving these base images deep into our psyche. It's nonsensical to assume that a "bad person" on a cosmic level would go to such a place should an afterlife exist. If a punishment existed for such people, it would (in my opinion) more likely be a complete removal from "existence" whatever it means in that context, not earthly terror for eternity.

All that aside, it sounds like you're depressed which needs to be treated in this plane of existence, rather than letting your mind spiral out wondering about the unknowable.

16 hours ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

I don't know why I'm so hard on myself, I don't know why I do a lot of thing's anymore. I think I have lost most of my memory and sometimes I don't even remember living most days. If you got to know me then you would see that I am a bad person. The reason I asked is because I know I'm going to die soon and heaven wasn't made for me. Heaven is for the normal people and not for the misfits, outcasts or depressed people and if I take my own life away then I will not be going to that perfect place.

Also I don't deserve my life because it's just a boring dull existence, mostly boring and plus all I do is sit at home when I'm not at school and listen to the most depressing music you could possibly find online.

I'm sorry for your losses. It's especially devastating dealing with things you can't control. You're not alone, you know. We've all been betrayed, lied to, ignored, and misunderstood. It sucks, and it's part of the tradeoff for the ability to be alive.

There's things that you can do to feel better, though. Happiness comes easy to some people sometimes, because happy things are happening around them, without requiring a lot of effort. But happiness is really the end-result, not the source. As cliched as it sounds, happiness comes from within, as a result of happy things that happen around us. And, sometimes, we have to be the one's creating the happy things.

You mentioned that you were bored, and that you listened to depressing music. I don't think I've been bored a day in my life, because I work every day, and I enjoy my work. But, there's a ton of ways to curb boredom:

Make something out of wood. Try your hand as painting, drawing, or writing - maybe a short story. Binge-watch a television series. Set aside time everyday for a walk around the neighborhood. Meet, and talk to your neighbors. Learn to play an instrument (and play something not so depressing). Find some recipes and try cooking. Start a workout routine. Take karate lessons. Forget online, and go to a library, and check out some books that you find interesting, fiction or non-fiction. Go outside and observe the birds, squirrels, bugs, plants. Check out the stars with binoculars. Play frisbee golf. Strike up a conversation with a stranger, without rehearsing. Find someone to go eat a pizza with. See a new movie. Learn programming. Start up a blog. Take a class, and learn a marketable skill, like building web sites. Take dancing lessons. Do some volunteer work. Ride a bike. Do some landscaping.

Any one of those puts boredom on the back burner, and many of those either inject you into situations with new potential friends, or open up avenues of lost-lasting interest. And many of these should prove to you that you deserve your life as much as the next guy. Finally, these can promote that happiness, but as an end-product. But, you first have to want it, and you have to open up the possibilities to happiness.

You mentioned that a girl you trusted (and obviously cared for) betrayed you and killed your trust. You know what? In the scheme of things, she's very small, and did not deserve your trust. You're giving her such power to control how you live and feel, even now. Take your power back, and give that trust and love to someone that does deserve it. It the younger girls that look for all that superficial stupid shit. When they get a little older, they start looking for the trusting, trustable, loving guys. I know it hurts now. But, believe me, it gets easier.

Hang in there, get involved in activities that make you happy. Being self-sufficient, physically, emotionally, and spiritually is what makes you whole and healthy (and, subsequently is exactly what attracts good people like magnets.) Send me a PM and let me know how you're doing, if you would).

It's like a big game of survival coop- you and your class mates (sort of like a 12 month game join limit) all live out your lives as players.  When you die, you sit on a bench with the rest of your deceased classmates and wait til the last one pops it, at which point you all reflect and have a laugh about it, then respawn right back in class again for another game

I'm siding with Carl Jung's thoughts on death. That's because that guy had a pretty damn high IQ and he could see some patterns we couldn't. Had to post this here. The actual interview is longer, it's on youtube, but it's very hard to hear what he is actually saying. Someone fortunately made a transcript.

Interviewer: I remember that you said that death is psychologically just as important as birth and like it, is an integral part of life. But surely it can't be like birth if it is an end, can it?

Carl Jung: Yes, if it's an end. And there we are not quite certain about this end. Because you know there are these peculiar faculties of the psyche that isn't entirely confined to space and time. You can have dreams or visions of the future. You can see around corners and such things. Only ignorants deny these facts. It is evident that they do exist and have existed always. Now these facts show that the psyche, in part at least, is not dependent upon these confinements. And then what? When the psyche is not under that obligation to live in time and space alone and obviously it doesn't, then to that extent the psyche is not submitted to those laws. And that means a practical continuation of life of a sort of psychical existence beyond time and space.

Again I advice you to read the whole thing when you visit the video. I have kind of taken this out of context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOxlZm2AU4o

Also, SayWhatOneMoreTime, you seem to feel a bit blue. Maybe watching The Eric Andre Show helps. It's fucking hilarious. Or watch videos from Jordan Peterson on youtube, although that might actually have the opposite effect, he's quite the hard truth teller.

Edited by pulkmees

Guest DILDOMASTER666

What do you think comes after death?

Nothing. Human existence is fragile and pointless. Enjoy it while you can

On 3/2/2018 at 6:55 PM, insertwackynamehere said:

If a punishment existed for such people, it would (in my opinion) more likely be a complete removal from "existence" whatever it means in that context, not earthly terror for eternity.

Personally I think the possibility (or, as far as my own beliefs are concerned, the likelihood) of nonexistence gets too much negative hype. I mean, you didn't exist before you were born and surely you didn't think that was such a terrible time? Probably not because you didn't exist. Dying and ceasing to exist would be the exact same way. Sure you may not like the idea now but once you are there you obviously won't because, well, there would not be a "you" to care anymore. So no one could actually be "punished" by nonexistence because nonexistent people can't be punished.

Ok here are my thoughts on it because I was close to death a long time ago when I drowned...the lifeguards, and the ambulance medics saved my life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do note that a near death experience is only just a fraction or a little taste of what death is like, but being 100% dead is another story...being dead is when you find the true answer that is locked away for now, and it will be revealed when that day comes.

So in my near death experience... I saw everything around me having a life of it's own with rich colors, and the best I can describe it is 4K with more onion layers that I couldn't comprehend at all, and the precise mathmatic patterns are so beautiful to look at with flowers, petals, and roots manifesting all over it.

best part is when the geometric looking symbol formed into an orb, and I'm talking...perfectly round...I grabbed the orb and set it on top of the table, then it slowly manifested into a purple candle with an eye that spoke to me, and a gnome appeared behind it and said "LOOK AT THIS?"  He then lifted the candle off the table using some sort of telekinesis powers and said "Look at that...KAPOWW!" 

The fragments and pieces that bursted out of that candle were my ancestors appearing in the background...welcoming me home, and missing me so much! They reached out to grab my hand, and I can see their hearts beating full of energy.

I grabbed my hands put it over my face and I was in tears, but here is the crazy part...my tears sank into my skin, and swirled all over my body and spat out of my eye sockets...the water droplets were suspended in midair as beautiful fitting music plays in the background.

Finally...all at once everything sucked inside my body and woke up to this reality alive...but the weird part is I have not felt the same in this reality, because the other side is 100 times better, and I wish I remained dead long ago because that's how powerful death really is...it truly is one of the most beautiful things you can experience, but? I remain here because it's not my time to go yet and I have family.

@RandorD&DWow, that sounds like an amazing experience! Seeing your ancestors like that is enlightening. I hope one day it's true for all of us. Glad you're still with us, though!

My fated duel with God™ so that I may finally put an end to his reign of terror.

On 3/2/2018 at 1:40 AM, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

If this isn't allowed i'll delete. I'm just wanting to know what other people think comes after death.

Deimos Anomaly

I have 2 theories.

1. The Christian heaven at least to some degree, as I want to believe.

Or

2. Nothing. We lose our memory, we cease to exist, it's neither a good or bad thing and it won't matter.

Sadly the Atheist theory makes more sense to me. However we Humans still seem too unique and intelligent to be the case... so there is still hope there is more to this.

6 hours ago, Reaper8888 said:

Deimos Anomaly

But we do not yet have installations on Mars and its moons. :P

I guess nothing comes after that......you're just...dead

idk, it's one-time only *shrug*