Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

The DWIronman League dies to: The Warlock's Hearth

Category 1, totally blind, I have never played this map before. This is a great map with diversified environments that I will finish later because I died during my run (503/748 kills). I killed myself with the rocket launcher after being startled by a revenant. The record time is 52min18sec.

File : Malrionn_Ironman_WarlH.zip

Category 1 - 158 kills before well.......

whcb.zip

Fair to say I was not happy with this eventuallity. I'm sure everyone else will be though :P

Oh yeah, rocketing a spider and a spectre I didn't even know I woke up ran straight in front on me.

Late as ever (quarter after 6 or so on the 31st here), chose to play Doom instead of cooking. Frozen pizza, here I come...!

Survived for once, cleared in 27:57. I am a very rude/ungrateful houseguest.

Category is a soft/liberal 2; I've played this map (to full completion) a couple of times in the past, and I had some of the other runs (mainly Britbowl) playing in the background while doing other things earlier, useful for percolating a general route. Couldn't really remember what was in all of the secrets, so ended up spending unneeded time for a couple of them, probably. Blue armor in the cement techbase zone near the end was a total fluke, not sure how it opened or when, but very glad it did.

Not much to say other than that, beyond perhaps that I would say I do still feel this is Khorus's best map to date, including solo releases and CP/team contributions alike. Agree with Wilou about the music, though, not my bag. IDMUS 25!

Eh, can't say I enjoyed this one that much, nor that I'm proud of my performance. I don't remember now how I died or how far I got... I think I was 56% of the way through or so.

Completely blind. Also a bit late, as it's been April 1st here for a few hours now.

42ph_warlh.zip

If you're worried about the deadline and it's a weekend, check the weather in Melbourne. Balmy mid-twenties with a low chance of showers? I'll be playing golf or something—it's a write-off. Sit down for dinner and sort it out later. :ok_hand:

47 minutes ago, Alfonzo said:

If you're worried about the deadline and it's a weekend, check the weather in Melbourne. Balmy mid-twenties with a low chance of showers? I'll be playing golf or something—it's a write-off. Sit down for dinner and sort it out later. :ok_hand:

Don't be using any sandpaper on those clubs! I hope you're going to update the OP scoreboard this time, Mr Golfer. I look forward to your death/survival comments each month, and I missed seeing mine on Coffee Break.

We are fair dinkum up to date, here, people. Some fantastic runs and embarrassing deaths, this month (no fewer than three misplaced rockets!), plus a pretty great turnout with some new faces.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:29 AM, HexaDoken said:

Also while I'm here, this is obviously not applicable for the current run, but for the future, do the ironman runs have to be strictly single sitting? I remember posts about multiple-take videos allowed as long as you show the save-file being made/loaded, but the post also has a line about "single-take videos are the only accepted proof", so I'm a little bit confused right now.

Fair question. That ruling in the OP is a disparity I've failed to address: it should indeed allow for split runs with saves made at the end of the first video and loaded from at the beginning of the next. Traditionally, Ironman runs have been single-take, but we're likely to play some lengthy sets every year and if poor Wilou has to sit down for another eight hours straight in the name of vanilla then I should be a tyrant of ceremonies.

Keep in mind that unless you're using streams as proof, splitting runs in demos is -cl9-exclusive.

@Alfonzo What is your stance on Eternity Engine demos for Boom stuff? It's a good alternative and avoids the annoying -shorttics in -cl9 format. And it really shouldn't be any worse than using Boom (Strict) in GZDoom, for instance.

Eternity should be okay, but it depends on the playback features and how convenient it is to skip to any one part of the demo with ease. I believe one or two players have used it in the past—as far back as 2016—though those may also have doubled up as Twitch videos. It would explain why I can't remember how viable it is in this area.