Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eligos

New details on the Duke Nukem Forever 2001 build

7 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

By "official", I mean a cover that was made for commercial purposes, e.g. Total Meltdown, Megadeth's cover, Duke Nukem Forever, etc.

I see at least that you liked Markie Music's cover, even he got your name wrong in the video... :P

I'm pretty sure he doesn't like the Total Meltdown or Megadeth covers. :P

Could be wrong! But I recall him seeming not terribly high on them when I mentioned Total Meltdown in some other thread.

Total Meltdown is far away from being a "rock genre" song, this may scare some Duke fans.

Personally I'm pretty fine with any cover.

P.S.: there is a neural network which can made a song based on real track...Jukebox, if I'm not mistaken. Let's just make a new song based on main theme, lmao

8 hours ago, Dexiaz said:

Total Meltdown is far away from being a "rock genre" song, this may scare some Duke fans.

Is that the "Gabbag" (gabba grabbag) cover?

On 7/3/2022 at 3:46 PM, Dark Pulse said:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't like the Total Meltdown or Megadeth covers. :P

Could be wrong! But I recall him seeming not terribly high on them when I mentioned Total Meltdown in some other thread.

I don't really mind the Total Meltdown Grabbag. It keeps to the original melodic line, even if it does shuffle the sections around a little bit.

Megadeth, on the other hand, I have never liked, and have publicly stated as much on several occasions. Why? They covered the Gigadeth cover version, not my  original. Enough said.

Damn, no mercy. Also I don't get "Gigadeth" is that just a rip on Megadeth? 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Also I don't get "Gigadeth" is that just a rip on Megadeth? 

Kind of, but not by me. James Grote, the guy who did the original altered cover, did it under the alias of "Gigadeth Productions" back in 1998. This was later shortened to just "Gigadeth," if I'm not mistaken. (Check out my history of Grabbag at https://dleejackson.lbjackson.com/music/the-history-of-grabbag/ for details.)

2 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Megadeth, on the other hand, I have never liked, and have publicly stated as much on several occasions. Why? They covered the Gigadeth cover version, not my  original. Enough said.

Still, it is funny that Megadeth would do a cover of Grabbag in the first place, as your song was in part inspired by Megadeth.

It is as if the late James Horner had done a cover (of a cover) of Sinister! :P

15 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Still, it is funny that Megadeth would do a cover of Grabbag in the first place, as your song was in part inspired by Megadeth.

It is as if the late James Horner had done a cover (of a cover) of Sinister! :P

This is true, and quite ironic to boot. Good catch.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:57 AM, leejacksonaudio said:

Kind of, but not by me. James Grote, the guy who did the original altered cover, did it under the alias of "Gigadeth Productions" back in 1998. This was later shortened to just "Gigadeth," if I'm not mistaken. (Check out my history of Grabbag at https://dleejackson.lbjackson.com/music/the-history-of-grabbag/ for details.)

That was a fun read, Lee: a really serendipitous set of events. You're a professional musician, just analysing what to put where and feeling it out, nothing definite yet; and George is... George; and yet it instantly goes to the top of the pile and we have one of the most iconic gaming themes of all time.

Edited by Daytime Waitress

6 minutes ago, BGrieber said:

@leejacksonaudio himself tossed them some tracks to use!

Aww ^_^

That gameplay footage appears to look like what a genuine 2001 complete game could have looked like IMO.

It does! Still looks a bit like a Half-Life rip-off to me, but if the team managed to release a fully fleshed-out game, I will definitely play it!

What the fuck, 3DRealms has just announced an Ion Fury sequel called Phantom Fury that is essentially Duke Nukem Forever 2001.

Not to get all conspiratorial here, but could the whole leaked build have been just a publicity stunt to set the scene for Phantom Fury? The timing seems rather odd, with the game being announced only four months after the leak of the 2001 build. Plus I seem to remember Frederik Schreiber himself expressing interest in having the build released years ago.

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

What the fuck, 3DRealms has just announced an Ion Fury sequel called Phantom Fury that is essentially Duke Nukem Forever 2001.

Not to get all conspiratorial here, but could the whole leaked build have been just a publicity stunt to set the scene for Phantom Fury? The timing seems rather odd, with the game being announced only four months after the leak of the 2001 build. Plus I seem to remember Frederik Schreiber himself expressing interest in having the build released years ago.

One of the guns is from Motherflakker.

And no, do not think so.