Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

13 hours ago, Pegg said:

Nightmare without respawning monsters? Isn't that easier than UV-Fast cuz of the double ammo?

If Nightmare! were possible without respawning monsters and standard ammo, that would be amazing.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Chewyninja69 said:

If Nightmare! were possible without respawning monsters and standard ammo, that would be amazing.

It is and it is what I play on exclusively. Although I use ZDoom and it is the only method I'm familiar with. There is a fast monsters option in the options menu, but I use a custom mapinfo file to add my custom difficulty to the difficulty selection menu that is Nightmare minus respawning enemies, cheats are disabled and you get normal undoubled ammo.

16 hours ago, Chewyninja69 said:

7 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

It is and it is what I play on exclusively. Although I use ZDoom and it is the only method I'm familiar with. There is a fast monsters option in the options menu, but I use a custom mapinfo file to add my custom difficulty to the difficulty selection menu that is Nightmare minus respawning enemies, cheats are disabled and you get normal undoubled ammo.

???

isnt that just -fast??? am i stupid?? what??????

1 hour ago, bonnie said:

isnt that just -fast??? am i stupid?? what??????

It is. UV-fast isn't nightmare, the respawning monsters are what make nightmare what it is.

Posted (edited)

There's a tiny difference between UV's fast and Nightmare's fast, though. In Nightmare, enemies begin attacking the instant they see you whereas in UV fast, they still take a moment to enter their attacking state (usually)

On 3/9/2018 at 10:48 PM, Doomkid said:

There's a tiny difference between UV's fast and Nightmare's fast, though. In Nightmare, enemies begin attacking the instant they see you whereas in UV fast, they still take a moment to enter their attacking state (usually)

Exactly. I was playing on UV -fast until the point I found out about this minor difference (I don't even remember how I found out about it). I made my custom difficulty after that, using nightmare definition as a template and just removing respawning monsters and double ammo. The important part here is, that the spawn filter has to be set on nightmare and not hard (ultra-violence).