Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Visplane Overflow!

Apparent bug in Gravis-Ultrasound sound card in Doom and Doom II

God damn it!

Almost no one notice how bad Doom is that no one post a thread..

About GUS behave wierdly in Doom's E1M8 and maybe some levels in Doom II (I dont know if it have something like this,)

In GUS, the drums in the E1M8 were replace by bells....

It sounds like shit....

Any explaination??!?!?!

Code blocks are a thing.

I gave up reading the post despite it being interesting because of the poor formatting, heh.

Just a quick note to say that Freedoom's DMXGUS lump is generated in a way that fixes this bug. It's also generated based on statistical data collected about music from various different well-known fan-made WAD files, so in addition to fixing the bug it sounds better a lot of the time too. 

In particular uh, if you're ever for some reason building a retro PC with a real GUS card that only has 256KB of RAM onboard instead of the full 1MB, give the Freedoom DMXGUS lump a try. It scales down pretty well.

I wouldn't have called it plagiarism, just forwarding of information. Not providing a link and giving it in a less informative manner was a bit off but life goes on.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

I wouldn't have called it plagiarism, just forwarding of information. Not providing a link and giving it in a less informative manner was a bit off but life goes on.

Okay :/