• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Visplane Overflow!

Cyberdemon VS Spiderdemon, Who wins?

Who wins? (Part 1)  

26 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Cyberdemon VS Spiderdemon, Who wins?

• Cyberdemon
    • Spiderdemon
    • Neither, you kill both.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/18 at 03:59 PM

Have you been living under a rock :P

PS: check doom2 map 20, answer:it depends, but cybie wins most of the time

13 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Have you been living under a rock :P

PS: check doom2 map 20, answer:it depends, but cybie wins most of the time

Cyberdemon will win because there is tactic that makes spiderdemon take damage first, make an andvantage for cybie.

Spiderdemon superchaingun and high hitpoints (3000) vs Cybie rocket and high hitpoints (4000) will make a thrilling fight.

I bet 3 out of 5 matches spiderdemon will win

I wonder how can the fight be fair, considering you have to get them to attack each other and all, which could mean a advantage to either side.

Is there a way to make monster infight without the player being there, i know a trick using a barrel, but never seen it in a cybie vs spider fight :P (cause you know, blast damage)

1 minute ago, Xaser said:

P_AddActivePoll: No more polls!

Logic error......

Unless there are two polls added at the same time.....

There is no active polls here, only active for one tic , then store the data......

35 minutes ago, Catpho said:

I wonder how can the fight be fair, considering you have to get them to attack each other and all, which could mean a advantage to either side.

Is there a way to make monster infight without the player being there, i know a trick using a barrel, but never seen it in a cybie vs spider fight :P (cause you know, blast damage)

In UDMF, You can make a map where there's a cybie behind one door and a spider behind another door. Create a window with a line passing through the middle with block everything property. Put player start on the other side of the window. Put a switch in the start room that opens both doors at the same time at turbo speed. make either of the monsters friendly (or ally?). Run the map.

I haven't tried this myself but it should theoretically have the two monsters duke it out without player influence.

42 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Use dehacked to make them shoot during their sleep state, make a map having them spawn facing each other, and observe.

I'd do it right now but I'm away from my computer ;~;

I'll do it and record the results later if nobody else does it. c:

I'd advise that you title threads/polls in a more descriptive or meaningful way. "Poll: Cyberdemon VS Mastermind! Who would win?".

Also this discussion must have been done hundreds of times by now.

16 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

In UDMF, You can make a map where there's a cybie behind one door and a spider behind another door. Create a window with a line passing through the middle with block everything property. Put player start on the other side of the window. Put a switch in the start room that opens both doors at the same time at turbo speed. make either of the monsters friendly (or ally?). Run the map.

I haven't tried this myself but it should theoretically have the two monsters duke it out without player influence.

Thing_Hate (action 177 or use it in some script) is your solution for that.

About the op poll..........the outcome is obvious. Zombieman wins...

Nah...outcome is random sometimes. It can be cybie or mama spider in even fights.

The further away the mobs are from one another the more the chances shift to the cybie winning. The SMM will stand the best chance when all its bullets hit their target for both damage and pain chance reasons. But as mentioned why is this even a poll? It's

easily testable, not opinion-based, already shows up in hundreds of wads, and it's been talked about to death long before this thread was ever created, maybe even before the OP was born.

I would have voted for the third option, but I always let them sort it out by themselves, and sometimes she wins, and other times he wins. Fonze has already stated the chances for each one. 

Yeah as @Fonze says, this isn't an opinion, it's probability maths.

The closer the two monsters are, the more the favor shifts towards the Spiderdemon.  If they're standing toe-to-toe, the Spid almost always wins.  If they're miles apart, the Cyb almost always wins.

When the Spiderdemon and the Cyberdemon fight, we all win.

[The UAC thanks you for your interest in this matter.]

19 hours ago, ReX said:

When the Spiderdemon and the Cyberdemon fight, we all win.

[The UAC thanks you for your interest in this matter.]

LoL

8 hours ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

The Cybermastermind wins.

image.png.4669b8ad63429c69c9b419942a78e343.png

Looks like from the final level of The Town Infenction.......