Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isolation

PSX DOOM: Fall Of Triton (OUT NOW)

Oh man, I'm so glad this got bumped. Somehow this slipped by my radar. Totally gonna play this, I've always got a hardon for psx Doom.

I played through this last year (finishing up this year) and it was just fantastic. I think it maybe does get a bit overlong and repetitive BUT that almost seems like part of its charm: it's not like Doomguy's gonna storm into Hell and it's going to be over in a handful of levels, no, he's gotta fight through the whole damn thing.

MediaFire often hosts malicious ads in my experience. I stopped using the site years ago because of that.

3 hours ago, kraflab said:

MediaFire often hosts malicious ads in my experience. I stopped using the site years ago because of that.

Ah, redirects & pop-ups... yea, that could be the case, I really should consider using Mega.nz for sharing files since I store most of my data there.

On 4/10/2019 at 8:04 AM, Sgt Nate V said:

Here's a small little patch that allows it to run on GZDoom 4.0.0:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/119zhIhbwGREy6wsfuxXn-vRwfYvlQM20/view?usp=sharing

All I did here was add an extra } to the end of the MAPINFO file.

I appreciate your efforts, but the problem was not in that bracket. There's actually a comma before the last "}" that should be deleted to get it to work. I don't know how the hell it works if you add a redundant "}" at the end, lol :D

The fixed version has already been posted a few messages above. By me, or NightFright (identical, it's a @NightFright's fixed version with not only this particular fix).

On 4/5/2019 at 3:46 PM, NightFright said:

I am now also mirroring the file on Dropbox. After all, I was the one doing the adjustments. :P

Fall of Triton fixed (PK3, 121 MB)

So I just tried this mod since I'm an avid fan of PSX Doom but um... I am experiencing the stupid status bar glitch seen in some images on page 1.

I'm using GZDoom 4.1.3.

21 hours ago, seed said:

So I just tried this mod since I'm an avid fan of PSX Doom but um... I am experiencing the stupid status bar glitch seen in some images on page 1.

I'm using GZDoom 4.1.3.

No way to fix this? Sorry for bumping this out again in less than a day but...

Can't reproduce the issue, works fine for me in GZD 4.1.3. Please make sure you have no mods loaded that mess with the statusbar.

1 hour ago, NightFright said:

Can't reproduce the issue, works fine for me in GZD 4.1.3. Please make sure you have no mods loaded that mess with the statusbar.

The only other file that I have loaded is Retroshader 2.6. Don't think that's the cause for the status bar, it just doesn't render correctly.

Also just noticed the Nightmare Specter is broken too, the status bar scale is set to 5 by the way:

uU0fyxp.png

Edited by seed

I don't have the old statusbar underneath the replacement. Anyway, I am not the creator of this mod, so I dunno how it works.

2 minutes ago, NightFright said:

I don't have the old statusbar underneath the replacement. Anyway, I am not the creator of this mod, so I dunno how it works.

I know, I just don't understand how are you not experiencing the issue with your own fixed version.

I even tested it on a fresh copy of GZDoom 4.1.3 in case something happened with my install, and its still there. Didn't play any further than that.

Obviously two statusbars are drawn in your screenshot. The original one from Doom first, then the new one on top of it. It's hard to imagine this happens without a mistake in sbarinfo (in case it's used) or another kind of statusbar script, erroneously drawing two images at the same time.

Anyway, you tried without loading ANY mod, even if it doesn't seem to be related to the problem?

11 minutes ago, NightFright said:

Anyway, you tried without loading ANY mod, even if it doesn't seem to be related to the problem?

3 hours ago, seed said:

I even tested it on a fresh copy of GZDoom 4.1.3 in case something happened with my install, and its still there. Didn't play any further than that.

Ready modification of this project promised by me. A lot of work has been done, the geometry and game mechanics of the maps have been completely improved. Re-texturing and new locations, a new monster and new heaven. Echoes and crushed corpses. Musical tracks are delivered according to the style of levels, new ones are added. I wish you interesting adventures in the world of Triton.

Downloads here:

https://yadi.sk/d/5Gv_NXhZTGztRQ

22 hours ago, BeeWen said:

Ready modification of this project promised by me. A lot of work has been done, the geometry and game mechanics of the maps have been completely improved. Re-texturing and new locations, a new monster and new heaven. Echoes and crushed corpses. Musical tracks are delivered according to the style of levels, new ones are added. I wish you interesting adventures in the world of Triton.

Downloads here:

Very good work! I am very interested in playing this. This wad is a rare case when I do not want to stop the game after passing the first level.

On 1/1/2020 at 7:39 PM, BeeWen said:

Downloads here:

I've only played two maps so far and I can already say I'm impressed.

Is it my imagination or are there in the second map linedefs which trigger a monster alert sound?

I've never played PSX Doom, so I don't know: was the "slowing down when at less than 50% health" mechanic present in the original?

4 hours ago, NoXion said:

I've never played PSX Doom, so I don't know: was the "slowing down when at less than 50% health" mechanic present in the original?

No that was something Beewen added.

On 1/4/2020 at 4:07 AM, NoXion said:

Is it my imagination or are there in the second map linedefs which trigger a monster alert sound?

Yes, this modification with loss of run is an individual property of the addon.
The included sounds of monsters are on the levels.

So, I started playing this & decided to up the challenge by playing this on UV, with a controller & limit my saves to only the amount of keys that exist in the levels. (i.e.: 2 keys = 2 saves)

Not gonna lie, so far at least, it's been a blast!