Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halfblind

What are your thoughts on CBD oil?

I know this might seem a strange topic to discuss here on Doomworld but I really want to know.

I have heard some great things about CBD oil and how it can help alleviate a lot of issues. Issues such as inflammation, seizures, epilepsy, depression, anxiety, cancer, calms the central nervous system and helps heal the hypothalamus. The brain and body has various receptor sites that accept CBD and opiates, it's like we were created or evolved to their use. It has been very beneficial to some while others it hasn't helped them all that much. It has also helped others get off those nasty antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications and has given them less side effects. It has been proven to help those with PTSD forget the trauma that has been plaguing them all these years. For these people it has given them their life back.

I have been having nervous system and inflammation issues for the last few years. I would really like to try this substance to see if it would help me. Unfortunately I live in a state in the USA that has not legalized the use of any form of CBD oil. In my state it is even illegal to possess the substance in any form even though I see hemp flower and milk at the grocery store.

I get really frustrated at times because, we Americans have more deaths from prescription drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and eating a normal American diet than dying from Mary Jane and Magic Mushrooms. I cannot quote any of this or show any resources but a simple google or YouTube search should bring up countless content about it.

So what are your thoughts about CBD oil? 

I don’t know that much about it, but I’ve heard first-hand from informed people with the conditions that it’s one of the best options for treating Tourette syndrome as well as epilepsy. I’m kind of curious if it does anything for stammering, since that seems vaguely similar to Tourette’s in my layman understanding - in both cases the brain occasionally gets some signals crossed and tells your body to do the opposite of what you want. 

It recently became legal in my state; apparently it’s even sold over-the-counter now.  If I’m being cynical the biggest issue with it probably isn’t the association with marijuana (most of it seems to contain no THC) but that it’s a cheap alternative to some expensive pharmaceuticals. 

CBD Oil heals the mind...that's all I have to say about that.

Also you are correct that there are no deaths from Marijuana yet, but I've heard a long time ago from a few people that in order to die from Marijuana you need to take in a huge amount 100 or more tokes for that to happen.

Good luck because you'll pass out before reaching that number...haha.

4 hours ago, RandorD&D said:

Also you are correct that there are no deaths from Marijuana yet, but I've heard a long time ago from a few people that in order to die from Marijuana you need to take in a huge amount 100 or more tokes for that to happen.

Smoke, sniff, inject, eat whatever you want, but if you seriously think that nobody's died as a consequence of being stoned, then it's probably wise to do less of whatever it is that you're doing. Clearly people died while being "high", they didn't die from a THC overdose, but doing stupid shit, such as driving a car while drugged clearly has happened with lethal consequences for the person in the driver's seat and others, by the way. So let's not pretend the only thing that matters when it comes to discussing how "dangerous" a drug might be is how much of it you'd be able to take before your organism shuts down. If that was the only important aspect, you could buy magic mushrooms in grocery stores, since it's literally impossible to overdose these.

On topic: I have no manner of "informed opinion" regarding that oil, but in general my stance is that people should be able to get the most effective treatment possible, so they can live a life worth living. If weed is gonna help, sure, let them have that. If that oil is promising, let them try that. But let's not get our hopes up too early here, because there's no telling what sort of impact lobbies may have before it's actually available for use as a treatment.

If you're having nervous system inflammation, would Omega 3 / Fish oil help? Just throwing that idea out there.

I've tried several different brands and types of CBD, but I haven't noticed any benefits from using it. I do know people who swear by the stuff though.