Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evolution

ZDaemon 1.10 Released

42 minutes ago, Ru5tK1ng said:

You've been able to do things like that for nearly a decade with other ports.

What ports? The only big client/server multiplayer ports that are out there are Odamex (which isnt the case) and Zandoorum.

I put a little picture that shows an average experience you get on that port. If you enjoy megaman or 20 mods loaded on single server with blured picture so it all blends together, then yes you may like it. But I'd prefer doom.

42 minutes ago, Ru5tK1ng said:

If you said, 'keeps the old ZDOOM vibe intact', then it would be a fact.

It uses classic physics and render, which is a double-edge sword but all in all its still doom. You may argue it doesnt have all the fancy features, but then it would look like the picture below

test.png

At first I laughed at the exaggerated picture, and then I laughed again because those shitty servers get more players online on average than zdaemon does all day.

6 hours ago, Medis said:

What ports? The only big client/server multiplayer ports that are out there are Odamex (which isnt the case) and Zandoorum.

I put a little picture that shows an average experience you get on that port. If you enjoy megaman or 20 mods loaded on single server with blured picture so it all blends together, then yes you may like it. But I'd prefer doom.

C/S ports aren't the only ports that exist. You were bragging 'look what you can do' when other ports including Single Player ports have been capable of maps like that. Basically your example is not revolutionary.

I don't know what 20 mods or megaman has anything to do with the video you posted. Nice picture btw, is that from TNS?

Also ZDaemon physics are based of ZDoom 1.23 physics which aren't vanilla.

2 hours ago, Ru5tK1ng said:

C/S ports aren't the only ports that exist. You were bragging 'look what you can do' when other ports including Single Player ports have been capable of maps like that. Basically your example is not revolutionary.

So I should map for a port that has no multiplayer just because it can offer something more? What a crappy argument is that?

2 hours ago, Ru5tK1ng said:

I don't know what 20 mods or megaman has anything to do with the video you posted. Nice picture btw, is that from TNS?

Also ZDaemon physics are based of ZDoom 1.23 physics which aren't vanilla.

To that video nothing. Well I thought its pretty obvious in text what i refer to. And no, TNS is nice but not my cup of tea, yet u certainly know where I toke that blurred mess from.

Well they are pretty close so I like them. Rather then weird physics elsewhere when you bounce for no real reason of the wall, or you can be speeding up by pure jumping insanely.

36 minutes ago, Medis said:

Well they are pretty close so I like them. Rather then weird physics elsewhere when you bounce for no real reason of the wall, or you can be speeding up by pure jumping insanely.

You might have been using Skulltag physics.  I know that Skulltag made changes to the physics that allowed you to gain speed by rapidly jumping in a straight line.  I do not believe that this is the default setting in Zandronum anymore - I believe it's only used by older modifications that rely on the such physics, such as Jumpmaze.

And yes, ZDoom 1.23b33's physics are very strange.  Here are two instances that I personally encountered trying to figure out how to get ZDoom 1.23b33 physics maps working in Zandronum, and there are doubtless more.  I do know that before ZDaemon went closed source, somebody made a modified ZDaemon server that might have fixed a few of the problems - I do not know how many of these changes made it into the actual port, nor how effective they were.

6 minutes ago, AlexMax said:

You might have been using Skulltag physics.  I know that Skulltag made changes to the physics that allowed you to gain speed by rapidly jumping in a straight line.  I do not believe that this is the default setting in Zandronum anymore - I believe it's only used by older modifications that rely on the such physics, such as Jumpmaze.

And yes, ZDoom 1.23b33's physics are very strange.  Here are two instances that I personally encountered trying to figure out how to get ZDoom 1.23b33 physics maps working in Zandronum, and there are doubtless more.  I do know that before ZDaemon went closed source, somebody made a modified ZDaemon server that might have fixed a few of the problems - I do not know how many of these changes made it into the actual port, nor how effective they were.

Possibly, people keep using these powerpads to jump for a long time so... they certainly work here.

1 hour ago, Medis said:

So I should map for a port that has no multiplayer just because it can offer something more? What a crappy argument is that?

Do you just read what you want to read? I never said for you to map for other ports. You were bragging about the 'new' (old) features zdaemon maps can have when  these things have been around for years. You're like a cave man discovering fire for the 1st time. Just so you know, there are more people who play single player doom than people who play multiplayer. So don't knock single player just because you know nothing outside your little zd bubble.

@Medis Honestly, I'm not sure if I just watched footage of GZDoom or this new update but holy cow!! Those features look beautiful!! The sharks (shark week?), the zooming (terminator?), waterfall effects (natural?) all look amazing, great work!

9 hours ago, Ru5tK1ng said:

Do you just read what you want to read? I never said for you to map for other ports. You were bragging about the 'new' (old) features zdaemon maps can have when  these things have been around for years. You're like a cave man discovering fire for the 1st time. Just so you know, there are more people who play single player doom than people who play multiplayer. So don't knock single player just because you know nothing outside your little zd bubble.

Man, I show some fancyness and you start throwing garbage? If you care about features u can download crysis engine. I don't care about singleplayer ports nor I do care about people who play SP. If you like, feel free to play lonely in your cave, cuz that's some lame acting.

Edited by Medis

So you are saying features don't matter? Then why are you trying to show off features with your video? lol, you're not making any sense. I think you need to take  a break before you suffer a cerebral aneurysm.

18 minutes ago, Ru5tK1ng said:

So you are saying features don't matter? Then why are you trying to show off features with your video? lol, you're not making any sense. I think you need to take  a break before you suffer a cerebral aneurysm.

stfu dumb troll, your comments are usefull as you are

Edited by Medis