Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joe Todd

ZDoom Windows - Loading Pwads

Joe Todd said:

How do I load a Pwad with windows ZDoom v 1.33? I can't figure out how to.

zdoom.exe -file mypwad.wad ?

I thought Zdoom supported drag-and-drop?

Anyway, go get yourself the ESL launcher at my site(link is in my sig). It says it's for Edge, but it'll work for loading PWADS into ZDoom (and most other source ports) too.

Not to be picky, well actually, yes to be picky, there isn't a Zdoom 1.33, but rather 1.23.

But anyway, drag and drop was mentioned. Zdoom should support drag and drop, but it is worth pointing out that it was broken in some of the Zdoom 1.23 betas. Don't remember which ones though.

Hmmm, I suppose to be even more picky, there isn't really a Zdoom 1.23 either seeing as how that was never in anything other than a series of beta versions and the next release version of Zdoom will be 2.0.

Oh well... I guess that one depends on your point of view anyway

"So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."

"A certain point of view!"

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view".

Riiiight!

Joe Todd said:

How do I load a Pwad with windows ZDoom v 1.33?

1. Command line (via MS DOS Prompt in Win95/98, or Command Prompt in Win 2K)
2. Batch file
3. ZDooM launcher or front end (give Lobo's front end a shot).

(Would be great if ZDooM supported loading PWADs from the console.)

Enjay said:

But anyway, drag and drop was mentioned. Zdoom should support drag and drop, but it is worth pointing out that it was broken in some of the Zdoom 1.23 betas. Don't remember which ones though.

I recall someone stating in a recent post that drag and drop onto zdoom.exe may not work in some cases, but drag and drop onto a zdoom.exe SHORTCUT would work.