Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dokta Whawee

Convert LMP to MP3?

So I was doing a music/sfx rip for "Before The Nightmare", a GIGANTIC terry wad. I have successfully ripped all of the music/sfx, however, some of them are in ".LMP" format, and I don't know what to do with them. I know that SLADE can read ".LMP" files, but is there a way I could convert them? Thanks for helping!

20 minutes ago, Dokta Whawee said:

So I was doing a music/sfx rip for "Before The Nightmare", a GIGANTIC terry wad.

That sounds really boring. The whole terrywad thing became a huge cliche like five years ago. Have you considered doing something else? Maybe try to think of something more original to make. Doom modding can be a lot of fun if you make a serious effort of it.

Ye Terrywads are dated jokes, as old as Duke's sense of humor, also to answer the original question, you can right click the selected audio file > Audio > Convert Doom Sound to WAV (assuming the original format is Doom Sound Format), then you can export it and use other means to convert it again to .mp3, there are sites that let you upload and convert .wav to mp3, or download Format Factory.

Alright, thank you all.

By the way, I was ripping the Terry Sound Effects for a soundboard, not to put into an actual WAD.

One simple method that works where all else fails is to just get a male audio jack to male audio jack cable. Use it to connect your headphone and microphone inputs and then use some free software like Audacity to record it as it plays from the game. Then you can also use audacity to convert it to an MP3. I only post this as a backup plan if everything else you try doesn't work. Sometimes the lowest tech solution is the best :o)