Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masterplumber

Found an article on Waypoint about A.L.T. and I thought I'd share it with you.

love_will_freak_us_out_joy_division_chicIt's from January, and I don't know if it has been posted here, but it has an interesting build up. It made me think of the potential Doom modding has for artistic self-expression. I'm not an artist, at least not in a conventional way, but mediums tend to change every once in a while and digital art is always evolving. What do you guys think?

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/paq5bz/alt-doom-mod-stalker

I think Russian mappers need to learn how to place monsters. I see screenshots, get excited about exploring these artistic environments, but then the fights begin and...

Oh I remember his article, always about A.L.T., on Unwinnable, but this one seems longer from what I recall. Thanks for sharing the article, I don't think I would have stumbled upon it on my own.

This is the article gaspe mentioned above, which is also quite good. People love to hate on A.L.T., but it's my favorite wad, and it's nice to read reviews from someone else who appreciates it.

I enjoyed the gameplay in A.L.T. Sure, some of it is peculiar and unconventional, but it fits with the unique direction of the wad. 

glad you guys enjoyed it! that article took forever to write. i had thought about posting it here but also felt like it might attract some kind of controversy on here so i didn't end up doing it. i'm happy someone did share it though.

and yeah, i had written a previous article about A.L.T. for Unwinnable but there were a lot of ideas i wanted to go into more detail on that i didn't really have a chance to on the first article, so that's the reason why there are two different articles.

A.L.T is awesome megawad, that gritty, atmospheric vibe and those some specific places still haunts me. Like map15 and last few maps before the end. It's kind of jorney of eternal loop. I rarely get attached to mapsets, but this one megawad woke up some feelings, when I played for the first time. Oh well, I guess it's time to replay this once more and maybe record some demos.