Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's not fully finished yet and yes, I will admit I was extremely lazy while working on it because I don't feel like doing the sprites or adding rain and the other stuff yet. Go ahead and say it's horrible or whatever because I know it is. If anyone has any feed back that you could give me please let me know.

FIGHT.7z

EDIT: Since I didn't know I had to provide information here's this:

This WAD can use either zdoom or GZdoom but I would suggest gzdoom the most.

Doom ll and the original doom was used to make this wad but I used another wad that I had before for the textures

It's only one standalone wad so there's no more than one level

Feel free to update this wad yourself IF you want, you can also use the custom textures in the wad if you want but I doubt many people will use this wad for anything lol.

By the way I don't know if these are the correct screenshots I'm supposed to upload? Or if their the ones I AM supposed to upload.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also this WAD was supposed to be called "The fight song" But I forgot to change it and instead it's called "Kill the jocks!" But I like kill the jocks more since I f#cking hate jocks more than anything on this earth and I've been mostly bullied by them for over six year's now.

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot3.png

Screenshot.2.png

Edited by SayWhatOneMoreTime

I thought you said you were done with this site, lol

ignoring the question of whether this is serious or not, and all edginess aside: I'll review this.

The level itself is very simple, just a football field with Searges on 1 side and Pinkies on the other. FWIW, the field's got some pretty cool detail going on with the... lines "painted on" pretty nicely. Don't think the searges attack you strangely, either that or I got extremely lucky.

... I'm not gonna beat around the bush. I get what this WAD's trying to say, I don't really know how to respond to it, but I get what it's trying to say. The "added text" on some of the textures and texture replacements were pretty laughable, and it just reminds me of a jokeWAD. I don't know if that's what this was created as (probably going to assume it wasn't), but... That's all I have to say on that. 

But I don't think it's horrible. I've definitely played worse. So.... if you can make a more expansive level with something other than this 1 setpiece next time, you could be going places! 

3 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

I thought you said you were done with this site, lol

ignoring the question of whether this is serious or not, and all edginess aside: I'll review this.

The level itself is very simple, just a football field with Searges on 1 side and Pinkies on the other. FWIW, the field's got some pretty cool detail going on with the... lines "painted on" pretty nicely. Don't think the searges attack you strangely, either that or I got extremely lucky.

... I'm not gonna beat around the bush. I get what this WAD's trying to say, I don't really know how to respond to it, but I get what it's trying to say. The "added text" on some of the textures and texture replacements were pretty laughable, and it just reminds me of a jokeWAD. I don't know if that's what this was created as (probably going to assume it wasn't), but... That's all I have to say on that. 

But I don't think it's horrible. I've definitely played worse. So.... if you can make a more expansive level with something other than this 1 setpiece next time, you could be going places! 

I meant I was done for awhile, I just wanted to upload a wad before I left.

I made this wad based upon Marilyn manson's "the fight song" And yes, the searges do not attack because they're supposed to be apart of death valley (I don't know why I'm going on about this) I made them a ally and friendly. I added my old email on the wad because I figured why not, anyway. Like I said thought it's not finished and I'm using both doombuilder and gzdoom builder to make it. I was too lazy to add the football players because I'm horrible at custom sprites and this is the first time I've played doom since Christmas last year.

But still, if anyone has any advice on what textures, monster placements, music etc. Please let me know. I also added a name on the ground (You probably it) I did that because of someone i know and hate more than anyone i have ever hated in my life.

Also I'm going to be uploading a new version of this wad since like i said it's still not done so if you want to play that keep an eye out for it.

9 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Screenshots please? Also, port, iwad and other useful things

Do you mean to package gzdoom or zdoom with it? Also what do you mean screenshots?

15 minutes ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

Do you mean to package gzdoom or zdoom with it? Also what do you mean screenshots?

she means to say what port it's designed for and other general info

and screenshots mean like actual screenshots taken in-game and uploaded and stuffs

also good job friend

21 minutes ago, bonnie said:

she means to say what port it's designed for and other general info

and screenshots mean like actual screenshots taken in-game and uploaded and stuffs

also good job friend

Oh, okay. I'll have to update that in awhile when I get the time to. Also it's been forever since I last seen you comment on one of my posts.

1 minute ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

How does your graphics look so much better than mine?

It's probably the ambient occlusion. You can find it in Display Options -> OpenGL Renderer - 5th option from the bottom.

5 minutes ago, xvertigox said:

It's probably the ambient occlusion. You can find it in Display Options -> OpenGL Renderer - 5th option from the bottom.

Oh, okay I was just saying that because the textures seem so much clearer on the picture you posted.

3 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

Did Eric Harris come back or something.

I don't know who that is but I'm assuming they're another forum member? Or someone who made doom wads that people liked.

7 minutes ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

Or someone who made doom wads that people liked.

lol you could say that

let's just say I couldn't play finger pistols in elementary school in Colorado because of him

Let's not beat around the bush.

Eric Harris was one of the two Columbine school shooters, he coincidently also made Doom wads, that was a joke in poor taste about a wad made in poor taste.

I don't like where this is going, not at all.

1 hour ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

Oh, okay I was just saying that because the textures seem so much clearer on the picture you posted.

Sounds like you have the blur filter texture filtering still on. Don't worry, this option that many people dislike that's on by default is easily found and turned off by going to "options → display options → opengl renderer → texture options → texture filter mode". Nice, simple, and easy to find for such an important option.

Set that to "none" and make sure "high quality resize mode" is off too, though it should be by default.

Spoiler

P.S. i actually unironically like using the blur filter in glboom+ because it looks nicer in it than zdoom

P.P.S. 

1 hour ago, cyan0s1s said:

Did Eric Harris come back or something.

Pretty wildly insensitive there, bud.

45 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Let's not beat around the bush.

Eric Harris was one of the two Columbine school shooters, he coincidently also made Doom wads, that was a joke in poor taste about a wad made in poor taste.

I don't like where this is going, not at all.

Just cause I make a wad doesn't mean I'm going to hurt someone? I just made a wad based off a music video, I mean honestly is there something wrong with that?

It's more to do with the other things you've said about yourself - a thread about what comes after death etc, that's what's disconcerting.

I mean I don't know what these Columbine shooters exactly thought about before committing those acts of violence, but I can guess they were very resentful of the world. Anyone can become resentful, then a couple more steps and you just want to destroy something innocent.

8 minutes ago, pulkmees said:

It's more to do with the other things you've said about yourself - a thread about what comes after death etc, that's what's disconcerting.

I mean I don't know what these Columbine shooters exactly thought about before committing those acts of violence, but I can guess they were very resentful of the world. Anyone can become resentful, then a couple more steps and you just want to destroy something innocent.

I would never hurt anyone, the only person I would hurt is myself. I'm just in a bad place right now and my parent's don't even want to listen to me anymore and I'm starting to lose hope. I just don't like the world in general or people but just because I ask something's and do something's doesn't mean I'm going to hurt anyone, like I said I would never hurt anyone nor could I hurt anyone. I'm too much of a wussy to even protect myself from other's.

2 minutes ago, pulkmees said:

Mkay. Don't really want to poke around much more. Not a psychiatrist.

I just wanted to say one more thing though.

I'm supposed to go back to my therapist this week and I don't know if or when they're going to start to put me on medication but I've already agreed to see if it'll help me but I doubt it does. Maybe it'll calm me down and help me which I hope it does help me. Anyway I don't even know why I'm talking about this, this is supposed to be about a wad not mental health.

1 hour ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

Just cause I make a wad doesn't mean I'm going to hurt someone? I just made a wad based off a music video, I mean honestly is there something wrong with that?

All I said was that it was in poor taste, not that you're going to hurt someone. People make off colour things all the time (me included) and it's not exactly completely worrying... Sometimes.

Usually things in poor taste typically escalate into a shitshow of a thread, that's what I'm not looking forward to.

10 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

All I said was that it was in poor taste, not that you're going to hurt someone. People make off colour things all the time (me included) and it's not exactly completely worrying... Sometimes.

Usually things in poor taste typically escalate into a shitshow of a thread, that's what I'm not looking forward to.

Sorry I just wanted to make the point across that I never will hurt someone because even though I say I hate people (Some people) I would never hurt them at all. I just need to find a stress reliever because doom isn't helping anymore and I'm bored out of my mind and I've already made like three wads today that I want to release but they're not really good at all.

1 minute ago, Catpho said:

Uh... I dont really know what to say here, so im just gonna play the wad.

Sorry for replying so early but it's just a wad based off Marilyn manson's "the fight song" And it's not fully finished yet.

Whatever @bioshockfan90 just said is pretty much the general review for this map, even tho im pretty sure that the sarges dont attack you is a intentional thing(like allies?). Decent if this is a one of the "first maps" experiments. 

3 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Whatever @bioshockfan90 just said is pretty much the general review for this map, even tho im pretty sure that the sarges dont attack you is a intentional thing(like allies?). Decent if this is a one of the "first maps" experiments. 

I made the sarges allies because I didn't feel like finding a football player sprite and making a deathvalley and jock sprite for either of them but I will make a sprite for both pretty soon, if I can. I chose the sarges because they looked like deathvalley players the best but I don't know why I chose the demons for the jocks.

I know, that mapping is about freedom and expression, but maybe try build something more traditional? Just a suggestion.

4 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

I know, that mapping is about freedom and expression, but maybe try build something more traditional? Just a suggestion.

I just made this because I wanted to and I was bored.