Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
markcalloway

doom mods can be fun

I have been playing quite a few doom mods which I wanted to play for quite some time a lot of them are fun and interesting the only issue with some of these doom mods is that some of them have lagging and frame rate issues if you have experienced any lagging or frame rate issues with any doom mods please feel to leave your comments in the comment section below oh and by the way here is free caco demon gif 

7034.gif

Wow, thats one hell of a comeback :P

Well yea, doom mods are fun, why else do you think we are still here?

Yeah, some mods are fun, particularly those that come with their own taylor made set of maps to get the most of it.

1 minute ago, Catpho said:

why else do you think we are still here?

I can think of quite a few reasons that have very little or nothing to do with Doom. ;-)

7 minutes ago, markcalloway said:

That is just how I am I just like to type away

Would recommend making use of the "EDIT" button instead of double posting like you just did.

I read that post in SexuaLobster's voice and now I can't unhear it.

For a less CPU intensive gameplay mod I'd recommend Scalliano's 667 Shuffle, it's pretty ok.

3 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I can think of quite a few reasons that have very little or nothing to do with Doom. ;-)

Like shitposting or arguing about water and Tetris, apparently.

22 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Would recommend making use of the "EDIT" button instead of double posting like you just did.

3 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

I read that post in SexuaLobster's voice and now I can't unhear it.

For a less CPU intensive gameplay mod I'd recommend Scalliano's 667 Shuffle, it's pretty ok.

Like shitposting or arguing about water and Tetris, apparently.

3 hours ago, Catpho said:

Wow, thats one hell of a comeback :P

Well yea, doom mods are fun, why else do you think we are still here?

3 hours ago, rdwpa said:

That is one hell of a sentence. 

1 minute ago, markcalloway said:

I did that just for fun of course. Of course if there is something that I like I will go for it.

Just letting you know, when you quote someone they get a notification that they have been quoted. Coming back a thread to find out that someone just quoted everybody "for fun" can earn you a special place on people's ignore lists quicker than you might expect. Granted, you may or may not care about getting ignored, that's up to you. Be aware however that eventually you might want people's advice on something, and the less people read your stuff to begin with, the less likely you are to get the sort of answer you are looking for.

Don't get me wrong quoting somebody is like sharing somebody's post or retweeting somebody's tweet on twitter. People quote me all the time on different social media websites. Although I don't quote people very often I rarely quote people if at all once in a while. Like I said Nine Inch Heels don't get me wrong. If people don't want me quoting them all they had to is say something I would have been more then happy to obide by that. And here is the thing about me I don't want anybody going around getting the wrong idea about me just because I multi quoted several people at the same. 

1 hour ago, markcalloway said:

Don't get me wrong quoting somebody is like sharing somebody's post or retweeting somebody's tweet on twitter. People quote me all the time on different social media websites. Although I don't quote people very often I rarely quote people if at all once in a while. Like I said Nine Inch Heels don't get me wrong. If people don't want me quoting them all they had to is say something I would have been more then happy to obide by that. And here is the thing about me I don't want anybody going around getting the wrong idea about me just because I multi quoted several people at the same. 

It is fine to quote somebody if you have a reply to what they said, but you quoted several people without actually adding a reply to any of them. That is what people can find annoying.

What a beautiful thread

You can ask @Decay about frame rate issues, he makes maps that lag his own computer

3 hours ago, Doomkid said:

What a beautiful thread

You can ask @Decay about frame rate issues, he makes maps that lag his own computer

No I don't o wat the HELL are you talking aboot

I will have you know that Anders Johnsen himself, the lead designer of the critically acclaimed megawad Alien Vendetta, alerted me to the fact that this thread is immensely stupid and appropriate action must be taken. Furthermore it must be brought to your attention that Brad Spencer, who famously took care of Alien Vendetta team's coffee machine, is worried about the anime avatar ratio in the thread.

Therefore, here's an anime cyberdemon pleading with you to cease this folly.

kura-madcyb-trans.png.69e74f0aa9ca60c69b262fea59e942ab.png

2 minutes ago, dew said:

"stuff(with av dudes?!!)"

There are like 2(3 if mine counts)? Is that a lot :P

1 hour ago, dew said:

I will have you know that Anders Johnsen himself, the lead designer of the critically acclaimed megawad Alien Vendetta, alerted me to the fact that this thread is immensely stupid and appropriate action must be taken. Furthermore it must be brought to your attention that Brad Spencer, who famously took care of Alien Vendetta team's coffee machine, is worried about the anime avatar ratio in the thread.

Punctuation and grammar used, 0/10

1 hour ago, dew said:

kura-madcyb-trans.png.69e74f0aa9ca60c69b262fea59e942ab.png

Seriously dude that is not cool man Anderson Johnson calling me and my thread stupid. Looks like I will have to pay this moron one hell of visit but yet Anderson Johnson calling me and my thread stupid behind my back and can't even say it to my damn face. Maybe I made a mistake of coming back to the damn doom world site and the forums.

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

There are like 2(3 if mine counts)? Is that a lot :P

Actually no not really 2 to 3 of them is in fact a relatively small number compared to others

2 hours ago, Decay said:

No I don't o wat the HELL are you talking aboot

Ok so what can you tell me about lag or frame rate issues with some of these doom mods if there are any solutions to these issues

In a thread about Doom mods, only two are mentioned, and only one is a weapons mod.

I'm disappointed in all of you.

2 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

In a thread about Doom mods, only two are mentioned, and only one is a weapons mod.

I'm disappointed in all of you.

I let people comment and quote me all the time but you don't hear me saying anything about that. If people have something to say that they want to say they can.

18 minutes ago, markcalloway said:

Ok so what can you tell me about lag or frame rate issues with some of these doom mods if there are any solutions to these issues

Some of the mods lag likely because they're intended to run on a specific sourceport, check required port in mod readme file if provided or from where you got it, and some lag because they're unoptimized, Solace Dreams is a good example, lags even on a GTX1060 because of the heavy use of Voxels.

1 minute ago, dmg_64 said:

Some of the mods lag likely because they're intended to run on a specific sourceport, check required port in mod readme file if provided or from where you got it, and some lag because they're unoptimized, Solace Dreams is a good example, lags even on a GTX1060 because of the heavy use of Voxels.

Ok so how do I fix these problems with some of these doom mods Solace Dreams seems to lag and have a lot of frame rate issues 

I just told you

8 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

check required port in mod readme file if provided or from where you got it, and some lag because they're unoptimized