Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraviolet

Screenshots.

I'm looking for what you all would consider the best-looking Doom screenshots, in terms of eye-candy, architecture, texture/color scheme, or all.

Just drop a link.

The best screenshot I can think of off the top of my head is of Fredrik's UGH DM, because it is perfect in its simplicity. He didn't have to go all out with hyper-detailing, the level of lighting present is perfect, and the level's focus is quite clever.

http://www.doomworld.com/fredrik/img/screens/ughbig.png

The geometry should look a lot smoother in the new ZGL, too. It will be graphically impressive, even without any dynamic lighting.

I should probably have clarified that I meant user-addons.
What I'm trying to get is a list of impressive screenshots that I can put together and show people why I still play Doom, how much more architecture can be put in a level with just a little patience, how much source ports can extend that architecture...

It also couldn't hurt to have something for newbie editors to look at for ideas for architectural elements.

I don't know if you thought about that for long before you posted, but if you think it's crappy, then it is probably not what I'm looking for.

However, that screenshot isn't bad. It accomplishes one of my objectives, showing off what source ports can do.

Screenshot 1: Bio-base passageway, add-on invisible, smooth walls on both sides in order to tip in favor of wallrunning, to plasma rifle room.

Screenshot 2: Diagonal view of plasma rifle room.

Heh, there's something about those shots that I like. I just like the theme I guess. Actually, if they're done, tell me where I can download these wads.

Ok, although I had a few screenshots that would have shown what JHexen can do, not just for the architecture, but for the game itself. Oh well...

Well, for different people, different things are visually pleasing. For some it's geometry, for other's it's color. For me, it's a mixture of both, with neither using the other as a crutch because it lacks in either field.

Maonth, what port did you use to take those screenshots? Zdoom seems too crappy for me.

Ultraviolent: Don't worry, I've edited it with psp a little to adjust a bit since I thought the screenshot I took in Zdoom directly was too crappy. In-game it would be much better. Btw, I havn't done decorating it completely yet.

999cop said:

Maonth, what port did you use to take those screenshots? Zdoom seems too crappy for me.

I used zdoom.

Shaviro said:

I used zdoom.

hmm, outcome difference due to we are using two different .wcf, you think?

999cop said:

hmm, outcome difference due to we are using two different .wcf, you think?

I have absolutely no idea.

Ultraviolet said:

Maonth: Now THAT was sweet.

Thanks! :)
I am currently giving the map a makeover. I wasn't satisfied with it. Hope to show some screens soon.