Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matthias

It's Real And It Kills AKA Everything Sucks [Heretic Megawad] [RELEASED]

I normally don't care about map packs in general , but this looks very cool!
I like the level design c:

• Maps are inspired by Borderline Personality Disorder symptoms

This caught my eye. I'll check it out, I feel like I need to play more Heretic in general.

Well, this certainly looks interesting and I may give it a go sometime. I really like the level design. But will it run on Chocolate Heretic or it's for ZDoom only?

Also, the title is quite inapropriate, even if funny. I came here expecting a joke wad.

• I am gay

Fine, but what does it have to do with your wad?

30 minutes ago, Redwind said:

Well, this certainly looks interesting and I may give it a go sometime. I really like the level design. But will it run on Chocolate Heretic or it's for ZDoom only?

Also, the title is quite inapropriate, even if funny. I came here expecting a joke wad.

Well it's vanilla megawad and I tried it in the Chocolate Heretic and Crispy Heretic and it works, however I exceed some limits on some places, so it sometimes crashes or there are tuttifrutty and bleeding bugs.

So I would recommend to better use zdoom, gzdoom, qzdoom, zandronum, skulltag, jdoom and so on.

Edited by Matthias : less jokes

35 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Well it's vanilla megawad and I tried it in the Chocolate Heretic and Crispy Heretic and it works, however I exceed some limits on some places, so it sometimes crashes or there are tuttifrutty and bleeding bugs.

So I would recommend to better use zdoom, gzdoom, qzdoom, zandronum, skulltag, jdoom and so on.

Is crispy heretic like crispy doom? Also, do you mean that it will only work on zdoom family ports, or you will eventually make them work on chocolate heretic?

26 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Is crispy heretic like crispy doom? Also, do you mean that it will only work on zdoom family ports, or you will eventually make them work on chocolate heretic?

I can test more the Crispy (yes it's like Crispy Doom). But I am not sure if I can promise Chocolate Heretic, it's just... too way limited for such big complex maps with so many sectors and such :) Sorry about that.

2 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I can test more the Crispy (yes it's like Crispy Doom). But I am not sure if I can promise Chocolate Heretic, it's just... too way limited for such big complex maps with so many sectors and such :) Sorry about that.

So these are limit removing maps? Just needed this clarification :P

15 minutes ago, Catpho said:

So these are limit removing maps? Just needed this clarification :P

I am at work now so I could make a screenshots of bugs in my megawad in chocolate heretic once I arrive home...

However some places does this bug:

HOM.png

(this one example it caused by missing texture, but all in all it does something similiar on some places).

(Also I guess here are people who understands doom engine bugs more than I do, so i hope someone explains here why huge maps are not really vanilla compatible):)

Hey! Don't dare to change the name you BUZERANT! :D

3 minutes ago, Matthias said:

(this one example it caused by missing texture, but all in all it does something similiar on some places).

(Also I guess here are people who understands doom engine bugs more than I do, so i hope someone explains here why huge maps are not really vanilla compatible):)

Check if you are not using flat textures on walls.

3 minutes ago, damned said:

Hey! Don't dare to change the name you BUZERANT! :D

Hey, don't call me BUZERANT. I am just "Trošičku teploučkej" :)

Check if you are not using flat textures on walls.

I don't. It actually doesn't even let me ... but hey, you can check while betatest if you're willing to do some aside of Leebigh

9 minutes ago, Matthias said:

You mean that they just crash? Or you cant save?

3 minutes ago, Catpho said:

You mean that they just crash? Or you cant save?

I guess it sometimes also crashes... I will try it again at home.. I don't remember much details :)

I mostly play it with Zandronum

If there are no untextured walls but HOMs still show up, that would be drawsegs overflow. It's like visplane overflow but with walls instead of floors, and it doesn't crash the game.

You know you dont really need to do it in vanilla right? Limit removing is fine, optimization for vanilla can take some time, and you might do something you dont like, unless you want to make btsx(not recommended for first one man megawad imo).

I know, but maybe the reason for HOM and Crashing is something small and simple

and maybe something really crucial.

I'll see :)

Well, the new title doesn't sound like a complete joke at least. It doesn't make me think of anything Heretic-related though.

On 13.03.2018 at 3:43 PM, Catpho said:

I'm noticed the tutti-frutti bug are in Crispy Heretic. But otherwise, it's plays limit-removing Heretic maps well.

Edited by riderr3