Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Trooper

Outsmarting the Cyberdemon

I beat the second Episode of Doom, but I had to figure out a way to outsmart the Cyberdemon by luring him into one of the ammo rooms after opening every door to those rooms and then I hid behind that center thing that was in the middle of the room you start in and stood on the stairs across from the door of the room the Cyberdemon was lured in and every time he was in site I fired a rocket at him and every time he fired at me that center thing blocked it! Then I went and got more rockets from one of the ammo rooms that he wasn't in and repeated the same thing again till he exploded because I don't think I could of done it any other way? I would recommend this to anyone!

It was because of this that my initial encounter with the Cyberdemon back in 93 was underwhelming. Damn thing got stuck in the chamber and was walking in circles and shooting at the threshold. 

Edited by Ex Oblivione : Cyberdemin lol

Shoot it until it dies.

But seriously, circle strafing and a height advantage where you can hit him and he can't hit you (IE a window) also helps.

Congrats! although the cyber feels like a tiny bug in comparison to the map, it looked imposing back then, well, not knowing how to dodge/strafe didn't help much. You can simply get outside and shoot it until it dies, assuming it isn't stuck in one of the chambers, but I guess your way is also an option. 

25 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

You can simply get outside and shoot it until it dies

Can you punch him?

I would recommend that to no one. Learn to fight cybs normally. Basically, all you have to do is make small dodging movements and pay attention to when it is firing. Circle-strafing is "easy" but it generalizes badly to fights that are actually challenging. The same goes with making broad dodging motions (i.e., straferunning a mile every time you dodge a volley). 

Here is a good scenario for practice. There are monster-block lines so any compatibility works. 

cybprac.zip

Edited by rdwpa

11 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Here is a good scenario for practice. There are monster-block lines so any compatibility works. 

cybprac.zip

This seems similar to a vanilla-compatible quasi-recreation of the Cyberdemon boss fight in Doom 2016.

Minus the laser and aerial bombardment attacks, of course.

Can you outsmart a Cyberdemon? Of course you can it's about brains not brawn wtf kind of a stupid question is this

13 hours ago, rdwpa said:

I would recommend that to no one. Learn to fight cybs normally. Basically, all you have to do is make small dodging movements and pay attention to when it is firing. Circle-strafing is "easy" but it generalizes badly to fights that are actually challenging. The same goes with making broad dodging motions (i.e., straferunning a mile every time you dodge a volley). 

cybprac.zip

I would die endless times when doing *that* turn to the other side lol