Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yakfak

zekhmet project - calling bugtesters and FDA folks! (NINE maps done)

More Zechmet Play testing @riderr3
Sorry the video play doesn't start until a like 1:30

The only issues i really ran into was getting out of the room that leads to the Plasma Rifle

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Steve88 said:

The only issues i really ran into was getting out of the room that leads to the Plasma Rifle 

There a hidden switch on one of columns. Just pay attention.

3 hours ago, Steve88 said:

@yakfak I still have a bunch more to do, the the most recent one I'm recording (darkmaster's Map) so hard that i had to stop midway through because i had been going at it for almost at hour. Also i know you've made a lot of midis, not just for this mapset, do you have a library or anywhere they can all be found? I would like to listen to some of them and maybe use some in my levels but they require some effort to locate :S

all my stuff is a disorganized mess :))) im in the process of putting together a big music pack but it's not done

https://zan-zan-zawa-veia.bandcamp.com/album/yak-001

https://zan-zan-zawa-veia.bandcamp.com/album/yak-002-have-a-trophy

you can grab those for £0.00 and they contain some of my midi files

On 12/16/2019 at 2:00 PM, yakfak said:

heya!

i kinda need help running this because I am a terminally bad organizer and my interest in doom waxes and wanes with teh moons! thread hasn't been bumped for an entire quarter of a year but I believe in everyone's maps and don't wanna see 'em sink. who's out there who loves strange levels and knows how to operate a clipboard??

@Walter confetti to be honest, we would not want this project with a unique soundtrack and graphics to go into oblivion. Maybe you can help with the organization? (after you complete your DS3 or 128kb projects).

Topic starter hasn't been in touch for a month, is it possible somehow to contact him? And by the way, there is still a lack of a custom skybox that would fit the general atmosphere. Perhaps there is still a lack of something.

Sometimes it is more useful to prevent such projects from drowning instead of creating new ones.

Oh, sure! What is missing on this project to be completed?

Compiling maps? Writing titles? Something else?

1 minute ago, Walter confetti said:

Oh, sure! What is missing on this project to be completed?

Compiling maps? Writing titles? Something else?

In addition to the custom graphic from Scypek2 on the first page, it was planned to use all the music tracks - at each level its own (2 more tracks are not involved?) It would be even better to ask the author so that he does not consider some of the solutions a gag. Or, at least not move away from the main idea.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:30 PM, riderr3 said:

Topic starter hasn't been in touch for a month, is it possible somehow to contact him?

Edit:Nevermind

Edit2:Nevermind the nevermind, they can be contacted via twitter again

Edited by Alper002 : Hindsight tells me I shouldnt've edited in the first place

Howdy folks!

Here is the current alpha for zekhmet. Out of the 11 songs yakfak has written, we have maps for 10 of these. The last song—on MAP01—is a map I have started but haven't finished. Here is my progress on it:

9Z4PSZ4.jpg

I planned to finish this in the first half of the year, but I've only started mapping again last month. I don't have plans to work on my zekhmet MAP01 until my UDINO commitments are finished, which are next on the docket.

Missing from zekhmet are the graphics, like the TITLEPIC, INTERPIC, CWILVs, etc. It would also be cool to have an epilogue map, but we'd also need a tune for it, which IIRC yakfak was working on at least one song last year The only other issue is that MAP02 by @Finnthemapmaker is missing textures and honestly feels like it was dumped off on us, instead of being made for the project like the other contributions. Something could be done with it, but it would need extensive editing. As it currently stands, it's the only map I wouldn't accept if I was project lead.

I appreciate the willing assistance from walter, but I think we're in need of contributions, not organizing.

1 hour ago, dobu gabu maru said:

I appreciate the willing assistance from walter, but I think we're in need of contributions, not organizing.

Ok, got it!

I've been working on and off on my map for this project. While I have a title that seems to befit yakfak's request for quirky, not run-of-the-mill, map ("Ruined Tower of the Happy Elephant"), and I have a general idea of a plot for the map (outlined in one of the previous pages in this thread), I haven't been able to make a lot of progress in high-quality quirkiness.

This is what I have so far (top view from Slade, images from 3D mode in Eureka).

zruintwr.wad_MAP01.png.71cff215d2ddb633de3bb834fe4af90a.png

1045001527_zruintwrarea1.png.24e89b43b15ec0eaf8a4fc2581534ccf.png

1357887391_zruintwrarea2.png.c1becd2c38b876a9fe2a00994fe61212.png

I'm not sure when I will be able to really get back to this, as I had hoped to finish my map for Deadly Standards 3. It may be early next year before I can get back to this map. I've talked to @yakfak in the past, and have been assured that my slow speed is not hurting the project, but if the consensus is that this project needs to move on, I'll pull my map out of it and let it proceed sooner.

I understand that this project is probably quite dead at this point, but I had the urge to replay my map11 submission a few days ago and wasn't too happy with how I balanced the difficulties in some cases. There were also a few other things I wanted to change on UV as well, mostly to make some things less annoying (such as monsters falling off ledges). I went ahead and decided to modify the map to make it a bit better in my opinion. Overall nothing is changed too much.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/015orcfp284cplu/ZekMAP11.wad?dl=1

Oh man, sorry I let this lapse so badly. Big thanks to dobu for running the project better than I ever could!
I'm still around online, just so frazzled with Doom and really bad at having a brain lately. If folks still have questions about the intended theme of Zekhmet or if we need more music in the same style I'm tremulantly saying I'm available again.

Powerful bump 8)

I want to change the names of my maps since I've come to think they're quite silly. I learned many moons ago that the music tracks have names, and the music inspired the maps so I wanted to rename them accordingly:

the world behind your chair -> Monument to Infogaia

enabler of final darkness -> Earthbye Enclave

Oh yay a Xaser map! Very happy to have you on board!

As for me, I still have MAP01 to work on, but it's finally second in my mapping queue, right behind E1M7 for UDINO (which I'm currently working on). I've also been keeping the current Alpha up to date yakfak, so you don't have to do any administrative work. I swear this will see a release soon!... ish!

i'm playing this using woof and i don't know if it's just me but in level 7 there are these little visual errors with the big spikes in the background, it's really minor whatever and barely noticable, i just point it out in case you want to clean it up in the future but who cares!! also those dialogs are so fun i love it, it kind of reminds me of thecatamites

Spoiler

woof0000.png

i also played the xaser level and i don't know if you had thought about this but, because by this point i got used to reloading my previous save every time i fell because i was too lazy to use the teleporters and jump where i was all over again, at the end for like forever i tried to jump through the last gate and every time i failed i reloaded before falling down and realizing i was in a new area LMAO i'm such an idiot that was hilarious when i realised it, i don't know if it's a problem but there you go, anyway I WANT THE BFG \(>o<)/

Ah yeah I just tested in DSDA Doom and I see the problem. Those visual artifacts are lowered ceilings that display the midtex texts (midtexts?). Gonna take some time to rework since the entire map works on these goofball ceiling triggers.

For what it's worth, I still haven't forgotten about this project! Just been working on smaller maps before I get to the last map I have promised for Zekhmet (which I hope won't be stupid-big but will likely be.) Due to the way it's constructed it takes a lot of time to put single rooms together, so it might be a while, but the set should be ready for release once that is finished.