Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yakfak

zekhmet project - still recruiting mappers! (SEVEN maps done)

I usually play Doom as pictured (except with classic HUD), but it varies with my mood. Sometimes I like higher res software, sometimes 4:3 windowed (if doing speedrun attempts especially) or 16:9 fullscreen. I also usually check out my maps in a few different resolutions to see how it feels.

But yeah, 480x270 with 4x screen multiply in PrBoom+ has a nostalgic chunkiness that I like and it plays nicely with 1080p displays. :)

1 hour ago, yakfak said:

(i work on a map every now and again but my confidence in my own maps is shot)

Release it as half-finished or intentionally messy. I can already picture the description: "Yakfak gives the players pieces of his fragmented mind, and challenges them to fit them together!". Super artsy :))))

On 10/29/2018 at 4:06 AM, yakfak said:

(i work on a map every now and again but my confidence in my own maps is shot)

I feel ya.

That said, I'd like to join this project.

Edited by obake

On 10/29/2018 at 5:06 AM, yakfak said:

if anyone else is interesting in mapping for this, we're still recruiting!

I'll also state my interest in this project.

then welcome to you both :3 check out the maps we have; you don't need to make maps like those, but you need to make maps as weird as those :)))) thanks for teh interest

Spoiler

h0uCXw6.jpg

some wip i mapped out this morning. i must confess that watching @Bridgeburner56 stream has given me the urge to curve everything. also, this is aiming for the map11 slot.

noreason: this looks gorgeous :3 do you have experience in cake decoration?!?

adding this to the front page and requesting FDAs and testers. thanks for the map!

I just discovered this project after seeing it mentioned in another thread. After downloading the resource pack and all the maps and playing through them, all I have to say is... wow!!! The music's pretty awe-inspiring by itself, I'll have to make sure to listen to all of the tracks all the way through, but the maps so far are like something from another dimension! The texturing and level design combination make for a glorious psychedelic nightmare which has left my mind pretty blown :D Not too much to say right now as I'm still playing through them, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on this project!

nowits: thanks for teh kind words :3

sorry I haven't been a more attentive project manager, but I hate efficiency and professionalism and all that junk as you can see. meanwhile, dust collects. =P still, I thought I'd set a deadline - on Sep 1st I'll collect everything we've got into a new master pwad and create credits for everyone for release at the dawn of autumn. that probably sounds like it's a million miles away but that means you've got time to start and abandon several maps :)))) come to me creative mappers