Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildweasel

Cola 3: The Soda of Style

Oh dude, more WW content! Sounds interesting with the ammo/leveling mechanics. Can't wait to get home to try this out.

Given I haven't had anybody tell me that there's any outstanding bugs or balance problems with the mod in a while, I guess I'm going to go ahead and consider what's uploaded to be a Release Candidate. I'll see about putting it on /idgames and declaring it "done" if I don't hear anything for the next week or so.

I played through some of Chex Quest 3 and the only potential issue I saw was cola bubbles getting crushed by doors.

1 hour ago, xvertigox said:

I played through some of Chex Quest 3 and the only potential issue I saw was cola bubbles getting crushed by doors.

It's probably better that I leave it that way, since this is how Doom engine has always handled dropped items. Considering they're not strictly essential items like keycards...

this is the weirdest idea ever...and like any other god damn thing you make im gonna download it.

not busting your balls...but have you ever considered a super serious weapon pack?

On 3/21/2018 at 2:42 AM, cortlong50 said:

this is the weirdest idea ever...and like any other god damn thing you make im gonna download it.

not busting your balls...but have you ever considered a super serious weapon pack?

That's sort of what I was shooting for (pun intended) with the ww-skillguns proof of concept some years back - though I'd want to really retool it internally if I were to make it any more fully-featured. Serious mods are nice and all but there are just too many things I'd have to make compromises on to make them work with the average Doom level, which sort of encourages the odd bit of silliness. It's nice to be able to let loose once in a while and not have to worry about "is this gun firing the right caliber ammo? are the penetration characteristics correct?" etc.

16 hours ago, Ajora said:

Makes me think of this: 

Man, if I'd remembered this existed while I was working on the mod, I'd totally have figured out some way to sneak in a reference to it somewhere.

15 hours ago, The Mysterious Moustachio said:

I can't help but think of Gambit from X-Men when I see that card weapon.

I was pretty much morally required to give the playing cards Mutant Powers once someone mentioned him during early development. (grin)