Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

MP3 soundtrack help

I'm having quite a time with making mp3 soundrtacks work with my Zdoom wads. I can make mid replacements go fine and dandy though.
How do I make Zdoom use the Mp3 things? Do I have to make a new Mapinfo?

Lost Soul said:

I'm having quite a time with making mp3 soundrtacks work with my Zdoom wads. I can make mid replacements go fine and dandy though.
How do I make Zdoom use the Mp3 things? Do I have to make a new Mapinfo?

Use DeepSea or XWE to import your mp3 in the wad, go in an editor, then in the script and do write this :

script 1 (void)

{
setmusic (const:"YOURSONG");
}

You don't need to tweak with the Mapinfo, just use the script. You can activate it by a linedef.

You only need to use scripting if you want to change music during a level. Other wise you can simply treat an MP3 as if it were any other imported music lump. ie get it into a wad and load the wad.

If you include your MP3 as a lump called D_RUNNIN for example, it will replace the music on MAP01. You will only need to use a MAPINFO lump if you give your music lump a name that wasn't originally a doom(2) music name.

The only tricky part might be getting your editing tool to put it in the WAD in the first place. I know DeePsea will do it without any problems, simply importing the MP3 "as is" into a WAD as a lump. I haven't tried XWE for this, but I suspect it will also be OK. I know you have to employ a bit of trickery to get WinTex to do it. Something about importing the MP3 to replace an existing data lump like Endoom and then renaming it, or something like that.

Anyway, there are a number of ways to get MP3s to play in Zdoom, some without even putting them into a WAD.

Check out this thread on the Zdoom forum. I think that's the one where this has been discussed most recently:

http://notgod.com/phorum/read.php?f=3&i=7246&t=7246

And although it is mentioned in the Zdoom forum thread, Just in case you are using it, Zdoom 1.22 does not play MP3s. You will need a newer version (linked to in the above Zdoom thread).

Darkstalker said:

Use DeepSea or XWE to import your mp3 in the wad, go in an editor, then in the script and do write this :

script 1 (void)

{
setmusic (const:"YOURSONG");
}

You don't need to tweak with the Mapinfo, just use the script. You can activate it by a linedef.

something i read made it seem alot harder, but you made my day darkstalker!