Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

The Quake Machinima Thread

Let's take this opportunity to share some of our favourite Quake Machinima. I know everyone's going to give me flack for not including Operation Bayshield (having won numerous awards and being called "The Citizen Kane of Quake Machinima" by esteemed Quake Machinima film critic Stephen Lum), but I always found it to be tasteless and juvenile. I'm sorry, but I'm just not a fan of that one.

Is the Seal of Nehahra the longest intro movie ever made?

I once watched it three times back to back as a kid. I had way too much time on my hands!

Diary of a Camper is legendary for that whole scene.

"Yeah.. its John Romero" cracks me up.

On 3/16/2018 at 1:46 AM, Bauul said:

Is the Seal of Nehahra the longest intro movie ever made?

I once watched it three times back to back as a kid. I had way too much time on my hands!

I remember spending hours downloading it on my 56k connection thinking it was the real Nehahra Project only to start it and slowly realize that this was no Quake mod but a feature-length intro cutscene for the actual mod that I hadn't downloaded. I was pissed.

On 3/18/2018 at 6:48 PM, Woolie Wool said:

I remember spending hours downloading it on my 56k connection thinking it was the real Nehahra Project only to start it and slowly realize that this was no Quake mod but a feature-length intro cutscene for the actual mod that I hadn't downloaded. I was pissed.

Oh yes. Oh yes oh yes oh yes. But I was on a 33k modem when I did that. Pissed doesn't begin to describe it. I'm absolutely amazed at the crap we had to put up with back then. Before I went to school I would connect to the internet, start the download, and hope to God that someone didn't try calling in the next 6 hours and interrupt my download (hooray for landlines). When I think about it that way, I'm amazed the internet ever even caught on in the first place.