Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Give Me Ya Pretzels

limiting the levels intel the end of the game (solved)

Question

hello guys, i want to know if there's a way to make the my mod end the game by completing level 14? if anyone knows that will really help

-Team Swag

Edited by teamswag

11 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, teamswag said:

can someone tell me how i would get a mapinfo lump, and if you were wondering i am figured out it was a mapset.

Instead of reading a boring to death list of stuff on the ZDoom wiki, download "Valiant" from this link: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/valiant

Open it up in SLADE, and have a look at the mapinfo that comes with valiant. You should quickly notice how the mapinfo lump seperates valiant into 4 episodes after you do some scrolling. You take the parts you need from that mapinfo lump there, rewrite them for your mod, and you're set. Much easier than having to learn this boring stuff by sifting through the wiki, imo

Mod or mapset? You can end mapsets with MAPINFO lump, check zdoom wiki for that.  I don't know how about mods. 

1 minute ago, leodoom85 said:

In any case, you need MAPINFO to define the end of the wad. That only works with ports that supports MAPINFO like ZDoom/GZDoom

Mapinfo lumps also work in Boom or MBF maps as far as I am aware. Valiant is MBF, has 4 episodes, and they all end at specific points which have been defined only by a MapInfo lump, unless I am missing something important there.

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Mapinfo lumps also work in Boom or MBF maps as far as I am aware. Valiant is MBF, has 4 episodes, and they all end at specific points which have been defined only by a MapInfo lump, unless I am missing something important there.

Let me check about that reeeal quick. Wait, Ancient Aliens is also like that...

12 minutes ago, teamswag said:

can someone tell me how i would get a mapinfo lump, and if you were wondering i am figured out it was a mapset.

map MAP01 "your map name" 
{
    sky1 = "sky1", 0
    music = "D_RUNNIN"
    cluster = 1
}

Mapinfo example. Check zdoom wiki for more stuff, it's important. 

Seriously, check the MAPINFO page that I linked. In that page, there's a good example of how it's done.